Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jamie

Interesting that all the suggested shortcomings of that thread have only now become prevalent as a result of his passing, IIRC the said thread was happily being discussed a few months ago with great gregariousness.

Add to this the amount of times that anyone, especially Palace fans, post something even slightly anti BHA the collective screams "JAMIE HIM"

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm paraphrasing and working from memory but here goes. Jamie started a thread trying to sell his new singing, all dancing website he'd created that would allow football fans to 'meet' and chat about their team. There was some charge for using it - £10 rings a bell. It was pointed out to him that it was rather a pointless thing to sign up to and pay when we has NSC. A few also pointed out some quality issues with the site. This lead to some slightly unsavoury reactions from Jamie. His site then got hacked which sent him sky high into a homophobic rant. He even suggested he would bomb Withdean. Bozza ( I think ) suggested he should moderate his responces and that he wasn't anonymous as he thought. Cue more vile ranting. Problem for Jamie, Bozza was right - for starters some of his details were used to register his domain name - including his home address. And so the NSC detectives went to work. In a very short space of time we all knew a LOT about Jamie including were he went to college, his Facebook and social media pages, who his sister was etc etc. That left him fully open to people sending him pizzas, skips and taxis to name but a few items. The local taxi firms got so many requests for the one address they started refusing to go there. The thread even got linked to on other football chat sites. IRC even some Palace joined in. Bozza did, a number of times I believe, give him a way out but to no avail.

Was it funny at the time - yes
Would it still be funny if we didn't know of Jamie's untimely death - yes
Was it bullying - quite possibly
Was Jamie a complete knob at the time - yes

While I don't condone bullying Jamie dug his own hole and continued to dig when a simple 'sorry all' would have stopped the thread dead.

I'm also of the view that the tread should stay if only to highlight what could happen if someone decides to throw around vile comments and threats.

Obviously RIP Jamie - most people don't deserve to die young.

Thanks for that. Still can't find the thread though! Never mind.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe for you it seems a ridiculous idea but for the ones who didn't participate in that thread, it might seem like a nice thing to do. It's an apology for the twatish behaviour played out by a group of lonely middle aged losers...
So it's an apology about doing something, from people who weren't involved in doing it?

LVGull

May 13, 2016
As someone who didn't participate in the thread at all but watched it all unfold, I agree with pretty much all of this.

Clearly it all went too far, but a lot of it was self inflicted. And despite his age, he should have known better than to behave the way he did - 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

For all that, I can't say that thread had me rolling in the aisles. It was amusing especially in the context of the time, but to me it is less funny nowadays and has dated horribly because of the awareness we all now have of being internet savvy. Personally I'd be happy if this thread was moved from Gold - not because Jamie has sadly died, just because I don't think it is funny in 2019. What comedy value there was is now looking decidedly dated IMO.

May as well delete everything then that was produced years ago.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Just rereading it . I forgot how much of a t*** Jamie was. “All brighton fans will go to hell. God hates gays”.
I will not be contributing to the card and flowers collection.

I'm sure there was the threat of putting an axe in somebody's back too.

Oh and Bombing Withdean.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
RIP Jamie. That's really sad.

Perhaps it's time to remove the original thread.

It is really sad that he's died but for me the thread should remain where it is, untouched.

The thread is a masterclass in why people should not troll on the internet and reveals just how much information about people is online if you're prepared to dig. My 13-year old will learn more from that thread about why trolling can be dangerous than any lecture he might receive at school.

Let's not forget Jamie's blatant homophobic quotes:

haha! I hope you go down u gay twats

You gay *******s! All Brighton fans wil go to hell. God hates gays!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
You are one weird individual, you say you have him on ignore then you read his post , surprise surprise his post irks you and then you say you’ve put him back on ignore, he wasn’t off it in the first place you pathological liar, NSC’s very own Walter.. I know you’ll read this, can you resist responding?

Oh the irony of a bullying post on this thread. Sometimes you've just got to sit back and think before reaching for your keyboard.

I know Harry very well. He's a good bloke. As you are.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It is really sad that he's died but for me the thread should remain where it is, untouched.

The thread is a masterclass in why people should not troll on the internet and reveals just how much information about people is online if you're prepared to dig. My 13-year old will learn more from that thread about why trolling can be dangerous than any lecture he might receive at school.

Let's not forget Jamie's blatant homophobic quotes:

haha! I hope you go down u gay twats

You gay *******s! All Brighton fans wil go to hell. God hates gays!

Let's also not forget that it all started with someone hacking his website.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I turn on the TV and immediately on the news I hear that an 18-year-old girl has taken her own life on her most special birthday she'll ever have through bullying throughout her own short life.

I kept a dignified silence on the Jamie thread. He made some outrageous comments but some of the revenge taken upon him went a little too far. I'm not claiming any moral high ground here but the young lad is now dead. Also, I'm trying, really trying to forget the things over the last few days hanging over this club too with the alleged racism.

Please. Just please respect other human beings even if they've behaved like a tit because we never know the impact 'jokes' can have on their state of mind. He was guilty of being incredibly stupid and naìve. I'm thinking of his family at the moment.

RIP Jamie.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No it didn't, it started with him being a ****wit - u gay twats?

Not as I remember it. His comments were in response to someone hacking his website. Perhaps someone can adjudicate.

He shouldn't have said those things. However, most of the response was less outrage and more using his comments as an opportunity and excuse for the modern manifestation of tribal savagery. Not only was he humiliated but comments were made about others located from his circle.

It's actually quite frightening behaviour really. Given that he was only a youngster with little social skills. That is understandable. But when supposedly mature adults start to behave like a pack of wolves, and challenging themselves to bite harder and deeper on easy and vulnerable prey, we see something far more alarming than a couple of ignorant homophobic rants could ever be.

The response to those rants had an illusory justification anyway. I don't honestly think that most who responded were actually bothered. But in the modern age, as our feral elite have shown, a false flag can always be made a standard- and then we can release the dogs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here