Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Oliver...

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
...........Magician or Muppet.

After seeing him struggle with the queens of reconstituted mush last night, just wondered your opinions.

Is he an alright geezer or a jumped up little know it all.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I like the bloke. So many celebrity chefs are right Prima Donnas a la Gordon Ramsey and least JO is prepared to do something like this school dinner gig.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Hero...on a lost cause....makes me realise how healthly my kids eat when you watch Jamies Dinners...some of the kids have clearly never seen proper food or vegetables....frightening

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He likes his publicity but the fact that he's highlighting the absolute shite the authorties are feeding our kids makes him a geezer in my mind.

They should be ashamed of themselves for serving up crap like that ( the authorties not the cooks ).

Oh, if Jules wants some comforting then I'd be happy to step in ! :love:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i actually rate him, however he is banging his head against a brick wall trying to get the Dinner Lady's to change their ways they cook stuff...partly because they wont, but more importantly they are paid appalling wages by the schools and the LEA's never allocate enough money for support staff etc so why should they put themselves out.

Dave the former Chair of Finance Comitee etc etc of local primary school and Governor for too may years I care to remember.

I would close all LEA's and fund directly. Parasites.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Muppet, he may be opening our eyes to the crap food that kids eat but he is part of the problem by supporting the Supermarket giants.

He advertises products that he wouldn't let anywhere near his restaurant and plugs products like cheap sausages that he doesn't want near school dinners.

He claims not to be paid for the programme...but HIS production company made it.

He constantly plugs his own restaurant in the show - which is irrelavent to the content. ( A very dubious link last night to the fact that because of working on school dinners he has neglected his staff - cue back to the restaurant and another plug )

.. and last night did anyone spot the plug for his cookery books last night ?

Delia Smith would have BEEN much better at this and would have had much better results in educating lowly skilled dinners ladies how to prepare a fresh meal.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Read in the standard last week that Greenwich Council have increased the cost per child from 37p to 50p (i think) as from September.

What pisses me off is the quality nosh they are getting compared to the lumpy custard, bullet peas and soapy mash we used to be dished up.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Top bloke, although I would say that as my wife is his tv producer and made Jamies School Dinners.
I shall inform her that, on the whole, the programme has got the thumbs up from NSC.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Would you like me to repeat the Jamie Oliver Heinz Beans story that I posted on here on a few weeks back ?

That'll make your mind up !

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Geezer - definately

Fighting what seems to be a losing battle however.

One of the dinner ladies last night said she had never eaten any beans (green or runner rather than baked!) in her life.

And the paediatric doctor said that some children ate so much crappy food they were throwing up partly formed faeces due to their intestines being clogged up. Unbelievable

Good luck to him

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
n1 gull said:
Top bloke, although I would say that as my wife is his tv producer and made Jamies School Dinners.
I shall inform her that, on the whole, the programme has got the thumbs up from NSC.

I think the programme is very good - but why keep plugging his businesses ?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
clapham_gull said:

Delia Smith would have BEEN much better at this and would have had much better results in educating lowly skilled dinners ladies how to prepare a fresh meal.

Bit of a shame that Delia didn't think of it then isn't it?
And with respect how do you know Delia would have done it better, have you seen programme 4 and the results of the training?

Its too bloody easy to be negative, its an excellent idea.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Hiney said:
Geezer - definately

And the paediatric doctor said that some children ate so much crappy food they were throwing up partly formed faeces due to their intestines being clogged up. Unbelievable

Yeah that reminded me of Ritchie. Funny that eh? Well he talks so much shi.......

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
clapham_gull said:

Bloody boring to watch thought ! She has the personaility of a marrow.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I like his recipes and have 3 of his books

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
n1 gull said:
Bit of a shame that Delia didn't think of it then isn't it?
And with respect how do you know Delia would have done it better, have you seen programme 4 and the results of the training?

Its too bloody easy to be negative, its an excellent idea.

I like the programme (and its very worthy). I'm shocked at what is being eaten in schools..

.. but I get annoyed at him constantly plugging his own business.

Did I see a shot of his books last night ? Irrelevant to the concept I think.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here