Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks for clarifying. Is that only on day 28, or any day from 28 onwards ?

He is on a youth loan which is why we signed him until the end of the season. We do not need to extend it. He was conveniently not twenty until the Tuesday after he signed.

However, after 28 days, Manure can take him back.

But isn't it changed to a normal half season loan in January though? I think we're trying to establish the exact date that that loan starts (and then he can't be recalled I believe?)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But isn't it changed to a normal half season loan in January though? I think we're trying to establish the exact date that that loan starts (and then he can't be recalled I believe?)

Not sure - I think the earlier point was that a youth loan is different from a normal emergency loan, in that it can be for the rest of the season, but has a recall clause ?

Edit - above looks correct - emergency loans have a 93 day limit, youth loans don't, so basically he's on a season-long loan with a recall clause that kicks in after 28 days I'd think.

6 It shall be a condition of any Youth Loan involving a Scholar, or a Contract Player who continues to qualify as an Academy Player, that for the duration of the period of the Youth Loan the Player continues to fully comply with the programme of education in place for that Player.

53.3.7 A Player registered on a Youth Loan may, provided this is agreed between the two clubs and the Player, continue to train with and/or play for his Parent Club (or club) in any match other than matches played as part of the Premier League Competition, League Competition, League Cup, Football Association Challenge Cup or Football League Trophy (First Team Matches). Participation by the Player in First Team Matches for the Loaning Club shall take precedence.

53.3.8 Any days on which the Player participates in a reserve team match and/or attends any training sessions for the Loaning Club (or club)) shall still count towards the period of the Youth Loan.

53.3.9 Except for the specific circumstances provided for in Regulations 53.3.11, 53.3.12 and 54, the minimum duration of any Emergency Loan and Youth Loan shall be 28 days and the maximum duration of an Emergency Loan is 93 days. The loan period is inclusive of the starting date and the finishing date. Youth Loans may not extend beyond the date of the Player's 21st birthday.

53.3.10 Emergency Loans and Youth Loans may contain a break clause but only where that break clause is exercisable after the expiry of the initial 28 day period of the loan.

53.3.11 Emergency Loans and Youth Loans involving goalkeepers (but not otherwise) may be subject to a recall clause within the first 28 days. Any recall may only be implemented in extenuating circumstances and with the consent of The League, such extenuating circumstances to be determined in The League's absolute discretion.
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx#6iqIhESRWiGXhmxB.99

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not sure - I think the earlier point was that a youth loan is different from a normal emergency loan, in that it can be for the rest of the season, but has a recall clause ?

Edit - above looks correct - emergency loans have a 93 day limit, youth loans don't, so basically he's on a season-long loan with a recall clause that kicks in after 28 days I'd think.

6 It shall be a condition of any Youth Loan involving a Scholar, or a Contract Player who continues to qualify as an Academy Player, that for the duration of the period of the Youth Loan the Player continues to fully comply with the programme of education in place for that Player.

53.3.7 A Player registered on a Youth Loan may, provided this is agreed between the two clubs and the Player, continue to train with and/or play for his Parent Club (or club) in any match other than matches played as part of the Premier League Competition, League Competition, League Cup, Football Association Challenge Cup or Football League Trophy (First Team Matches). Participation by the Player in First Team Matches for the Loaning Club shall take precedence.

53.3.8 Any days on which the Player participates in a reserve team match and/or attends any training sessions for the Loaning Club (or club)) shall still count towards the period of the Youth Loan.

53.3.9 Except for the specific circumstances provided for in Regulations 53.3.11, 53.3.12 and 54, the minimum duration of any Emergency Loan and Youth Loan shall be 28 days and the maximum duration of an Emergency Loan is 93 days. The loan period is inclusive of the starting date and the finishing date. Youth Loans may not extend beyond the date of the Player's 21st birthday.

53.3.10 Emergency Loans and Youth Loans may contain a break clause but only where that break clause is exercisable after the expiry of the initial 28 day period of the loan.

53.3.11 Emergency Loans and Youth Loans involving goalkeepers (but not otherwise) may be subject to a recall clause within the first 28 days. Any recall may only be implemented in extenuating circumstances and with the consent of The League, such extenuating circumstances to be determined in The League's absolute discretion.
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx#6iqIhESRWiGXhmxB.99

Oh bollocks. So all those posts on the other thread about him not being able to be recalled after January were wrong?! :(

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh bollocks. So all those posts on the other thread about him not being able to be recalled after January were wrong?! :(
Yes, if it is a youth loan, the recall is effectively any time after the Middlesbrough match.

But the deal was made in good faith, and looking at Wilson's longer term, so why so much anxiety on NSC ? ???

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Yes, if it is a youth loan, the recall is effectively any time after the Middlesbrough match.

But the deal was made in good faith, and looking at Wilson's longer term, so why so much anxiety on NSC ? ???

Because, I think, we all can't quite believe just how superbly well this season is going. Too well possibly?

I'm not one to think that it has to all fall apart sometime, nor do i think that we'll cruise the league easily. But here's to being nervous - you don't get that feeling being mid-table!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here