Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Does anyone know the EXACT window that Utd can recall - FROM and UNTIL - as I believe we established it was after 28 days and up until a point in January? Would be great to know once we've passed that window in Jan hopefully (and it's officially a half season loan that cannot be recalled...!)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Does anyone know the EXACT window that Utd can recall - FROM and UNTIL - as I believe we established it was after 28 days and up until a point in January? Would be great to know once we've passed that window in Jan hopefully (and it's officially a half season loan that cannot be recalled...!)

I think it is whilst the January window in open.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just bare in mind that LVG is a very arrogant man.

If he recalled James Wilson, he would be admitting he made a mistake, that he has got his transfer policy wrong, and he will be making himself look weak and indecisive. I really cannot see him effectively putting his hands up to an error in judgement - which is exactly what it would be.

No, seriously, I think even if James gets in a rich scoring vain of form with us, the arrogance of LVG will prevent him bringing him back. That is what I hope anyway!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I never thought it would happen. I'm going to cheer on Utd :eek:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just bare in mind that LVG is a very arrogant man.

If he recalled James Wilson, he would be admitting he made a mistake, that he has got his transfer policy wrong, and he will be making himself look weak and indecisive. I really cannot see him effectively putting his hands up to an error in judgement - which is exactly what it would be.
Unfortunately I don't think it would be admitting to a mistake - he'd simply say 'James needed game time and he's got that, he's scored some goals and got confidence too, which will help him now he's back with us'. He can then take credit if James does well for Utd, as he couldn't have done it without the game time (up to 12 games) here.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think it is whilst the January window in open.

But surely the 28day loan runs out at the end of December or whenever so we have to get the second loan signed off early January (and once the 2nd loan is signed he can't be recalled as it's a half season one?). Perhaps the man [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] could find out the exact window on this...?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Unfortunately I don't think it would be admitting to a mistake - he'd simply say 'James needed game time and he's got that, he's scored some goals and got confidence too, which will help him now he's back with us'. He can then take credit if James does well for Utd, as he couldn't have done it without the game time (up to 12 games) here.
Not so sure. I think he's more likely to stick to his guns re Wilson and spunk a load of money in January on another "name" instead.

The knives are out and he needs to do something drastic (which won't work btw, see Schweinsteiger B. etc).

I admit I am also being slightly wishful in my thinking here....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not so sure. I think he's more likely to stick to his guns re Wilson and spunk a load of money in January on another "name" instead.
I agree that he's more likely to get a name in, I didn't say otherwise. I'm just saying that if Wilson was doing really well here, and the strikers at Utd were doing poorly, VG would be able to recall Wilson without it being admitting he was wrong. That doesn't mean he would recall him, just that 'admitting he made a mistake' wouldn't be the reason not to.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
He is on a youth loan which is why we signed him until the end of the season. We do not need to extend it. He was conveniently not twenty until the Tuesday after he signed.

However, after 28 days, Manure can take him back.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He is on a youth loan which is why we signed him until the end of the season. We do not need to extend it. He was conveniently not twenty until the Tuesday after he signed.

However, after 28 days, Manure can take him back.

Thanks for clarifying. Is that only on day 28, or any day from 28 onwards ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The only garantee is that we have him for the Derby, QPR, and Middlesbrough games.

Although, I really don't anticipate Man Utd re-calling him unless they fail to sign a striker by the end of the January transfer window.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think they have identified the man they want and will move early in January as not many players turn down the chance to join Man Utd , even if only for the money.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I agree that he's more likely to get a name in, I didn't say otherwise. I'm just saying that if Wilson was doing really well here, and the strikers at Utd were doing poorly, VG would be able to recall Wilson without it being admitting he was wrong. That doesn't mean he would recall him, just that 'admitting he made a mistake' wouldn't be the reason not to.

van Gaal would not only admit he's got this wrong, it would be too much of a risk. you can get a top price striker and they dont perform and its at least partially their fault, you did what seemed the right thing. recall a young unproven striker and they dont perform, you dont know what you're doing. and theres an honesty about van Gaal, he doesnt something and means it, hes not going to muck everyone around. im confident he sent him off for the duration and wont be recalling him, short of a major injury crisis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here