Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Wilson [signs on loan until the end of the season]

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He's similar to Bamford in his stage of development and he was a revelation at Boro last year

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If he is the standard of player we are looking at for a loan, I'm very excited by the prospect of who we will bring in as a permanent singing in January

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't know what some people are expecting? Young lad who is highly rated- on the fringes of the Man United team so will be eager to impress. Different option to Hemed and Zamora, I for one would be very happy if we can get a deal done.
This for me too. Potentially very good short term option. He's ahead of where Lingard and Tex were when they came to us.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
He might come good just not sure he'll do the business for us in the short term.

You may be right but we need a striker until we hopefully get a permanent one in January. Seems Baldock will be out for a while and we can't rely on Bobby playing 90 mins.
I really can not see many others out there that could do a job up front. Wilson could be the best option.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not saying I don't rate him but he's just signed a 4 year deal with United.

Best case scenario is he scores at hatful and we get promoted, but then he'll almost certainly go back to Man Utd. I'm uncomfortable with losing a key striker over the summer; the likes of Callum Wilson, Matt Ritchie, Troy Deeney, Ighalo, Cameron Jerome were big players in the Championship last season and still important for their sides in the Prem.

With James Wilson, Bobby, Hemed and Baldock we could get promoted and have no strikers of Prem quality on our books. I know it's nice to be in the Prem but Hughton has already said it wasn't ideal having to recruit as many as 9 players over this summer so he might have to recruit 4 strikers alone next summer.

I'd rather sign someone who was proven at this level or higher who will stick around.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Best case scenario is he scores at hatful and we get promoted, but then he'll almost certainly go back to Man Utd. I'm uncomfortable with losing a key striker over the summer; the likes of Callum Wilson, Matt Ritchie, Troy Deeney, Ighalo, Cameron Jerome were big players in the Championship last season and still important for their sides in the Prem.

With James Wilson, Bobby, Hemed and Baldock we could get promoted and have no strikers of Prem quality on our books. I know it's nice to be in the Prem but Hughton has already said it wasn't ideal having to recruit as many as 9 players over this summer so he might have to recruit 4 strikers alone next summer.

I'd rather sign someone who was proven at this level or higher who will stick around.

That's called a nice problem to have.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Just contacted a mate in Manchester who is a ST at Manure, he said "Quick and a natural goalscorer but a bit light weight for me. Very bright future though."

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

If we do get Wilson on a loan, I don't think that would have any bearing on who, or indeed if, we get another top class striker in the January window. Hughton strikes me as a manager who's looking at the long term, not just promotion to the Premier League

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Baldock and Zamora are okay, Hemed is hopeless.

You must be on a wind up - Hemed's been great this year overall. Holds the ball so so well... Yes he's missed a few chances in recent weeks but overall his contribution has been excellent. Even listening to the radio when I haven't gone away, Aspinall has been signing his praises on the whole...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You must be on a wind up - Hemed's been great this year overall. Holds the ball so so well... Yes he's missed a few chances in recent weeks but overall his contribution has been excellent. Even listening to the radio when I haven't gone away, Aspinall has been signing his praises on the whole...

I am still not sure that Hemed has fully settled yet, hopefully a confidence boosting goal will help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here