Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson could be recalled by Manchester United "if we are in trouble" says Louis van

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Is that all he is, a poacher who needs it gift wrapped? Surely he needs to make the runs and get the space, or go and get the ball himself to make something happen? I'm not criticising him for what he offers at our level, but if I was a Utd fan I wouldn't be calling for him after watching the last two televised matches.

I agree, he's a long way from being the answer for United right now, he wasn't the answer a month ago and 2 goals haven't changed that. If he'd been the answer he would never have come here

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was having to come too deep for the ball in the last 2 games. As regards a recall there are many websites, radio stations etc that could have reported it that I wouldnt have heard or seen, that others may have.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Is that all he is, a poacher who needs it gift wrapped? Surely he needs to make the runs and get the space, or go and get the ball himself to make something happen? I'm not criticising him for what he offers at our level, but if I was a Utd fan I wouldn't be calling for him after watching the last two televised matches.

Not at all, you can see he has the pace to make runs and I think as a result managers are telling people to mark him like a hawk. I think we need someone like Lua Lua back who can also cut the defence up a bit and cause a bit of a headache for opposing teams defence...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Not sure why people are Naylor bashing, that's the first time we've had a quote like this from LVG, so it is newsworthy imo,

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not at all, you can see he has the pace to make runs and I think as a result managers are telling people to mark him like a hawk.
But he was marked out of the last two games at championship level, so would you think he's currently the answer to Utd's problems?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure why people are Naylor bashing, that's the first time we've had a quote like this from LVG, so it is newsworthy imo,
If that's genuinely what LVG said on Friday, then I agree, it's newsworthy. Where else was it reported that LVG said it? It wasn't in a personal call to Naylor was it?

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
But he was marked out of the last two games at championship level, so would you think he's currently the answer to Utd's problems?

Do I think he is the answer to their problems? No... Do I think he is a good player and will score a lot of goals for us this year?.. Yes. Do I think he will be re-called? Highly doubt it. Do I think in years to come he will be knocking them in in the Prem...? Yes. Do I think he looks absolutely shattered atm?... Yes

I think that has covered most of it.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Sons mate you say BG.

Bit different to your normal sources someone you met in west stand or a man down the pub.

Nice to hear you're getting more in the know.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It wont matter - Mourinho will take over there soon and he hates young players/refs/small forwards/strikers with pace/people/refs/female doctors, so there's no way Wilson will be recalled.

You heard it here first :timmy:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do I think he is the answer to their problems? No... Do I think he is a good player and will score a lot of goals for us this year?.. Yes. Do I think he will be re-called? Highly doubt it. Do I think in years to come he will be knocking them in in the Prem...? Yes. Do I think he looks absolutely shattered atm?... Yes

I think that has covered most of it.
Which is what I was saying in response to the breaking news from Ben's grandad's son's mate's reading/hearing dream sequence.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Hope I'm wrong, but with James Wilson "not feeling right" at half time at Brentford and missing the second half, plus possibly missing tonights match, I wonder if he knows he is due to be recalled by United shortly?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hope I'm wrong, but with James Wilson "not feeling right" at half time at Brentford and missing the second half, plus possibly missing tonights match, I wonder if he knows he is due to be recalled by United shortly?
Or maybe he has the bug that my gf and a large proportion of the country seem to have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here