Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] James Rodriguez to Everton

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Everton always buy exciting players and our rarely works out for them. But with their new manager, this could finally be the time that it all clicks. Will be interesting to watch.

And yes, the premier league is getting stronger and stronger. Amazing to be part of it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[yt]Isq5xV6VUt4[/yt]

Got his move to RM off the back of this, but has done little of any note ever since. Bayern could have played Phillip Schofield in their midfield instead of him and still romped to the Budesliga title, so I don't count that as any great achievement on his part.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
[yt]Isq5xV6VUt4[/yt]

Got his move to RM off the back of this, but has done little of any note ever since. Bayern could have played Phillip Schofield in their midfield instead of him and still romped to the Budesliga title, so I don't count that as any great achievement on his part.

TBF he's actually quite good. I saw him to keepy uppy on an advert and thought he could do a job

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
No sell-on value for the ageing lot they are rebuilding an entire midfield around. Good players, but such a breed tend to either be on the decline or head to Goodison to disappear into it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Amazing player.

At the World Cup six years ago.

This has all the feel of a a classic West Ham type signing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Amazing player.

At the World Cup six years ago.

This has all the feel of a a classic West Ham type signing.
My thoughts exactly. Everton and West Ham are absolute masters of signing household names from a few years ago, paying them a fortune, and not progressing at all.

I fully expect one of those two to sign Luis Suarez in 2 season's time.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
"Potential can be a curse. Show too much too early and it will define you, so you are measured not by what you have done but against the future that once seemed within your grasp. And when age finally takes its toll, when the world stops waiting for you to become what it seemed you once could be, when you are written off with a dismissive shrug as a could-have-been then, in England at least, there are really only two places you can go: West Ham or Everton."

Ain't that the truth.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...guez-break-the-mould-at-free-spending-everton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here