Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] James Rodriguez to Everton

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's quite an eye-catching deal.

Abdoulaye Doucoure also likely to join from Watford, as well as Allan from Napoli.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Eye catching yes. However, looks to me more like a luxury signing rather than what they actually need. Bit like when Man Utd signed Falcao and Di Maria. Doucoure and Allan also look good but Gomes will surely still be a starter.. They will need to offload a few presumably. If it works they will have one of the most talented midifield setups in the league though. Front 3 not too bad either.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Everton have spent big before...and what happened.......nevertheless I hope I get the chance to see these players at the Amex from inside the ground

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hell of a lot of money they’re spending to finish 10th

They also still have Richarlison, Gomes, Siggurdsson, Iwobi, Delph, Walcott, Bernard and Gbamin on their books (all will we be hefty earners). I expect that DCL is on decent wedge now too.

That's going to be some wage bill

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
They also still have Richarlison, Gomes, Siggurdsson, Iwobi, Delph, Walcott, Bernard and Gbamin on their books (all will we be hefty earners). I expect that DCL is on decent wedge now too.

They are hoping to ship out a good few of those to be fair.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
25/1 Ancelotti to win/lose the sack race

I have a HUGE £5 on it ... he hasn't stuck around in his last few jobs and they ain't all cuddly Kenwright anymore when it comes to underachieving with their big, big spending ...

would they still be considered a 'big' club if they struggle this season?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

And Pickford.

He’s worth at least 9 points.

To the opposition.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
25/1 Ancelotti to win/lose the sack race

I have a HUGE £5 on it ... he hasn't stuck around in his last few jobs and they ain't all cuddly Kenwright anymore when it comes to underachieving with their big, big spending ...

would they still be considered a 'big' club if they struggle this season?

They are always struggling and always considered a "big" club.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'd have thought Walcott must be facing pension day soon? maybe a player/coach role at Bmuff? :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They are hoping to ship out a good few of those to be fair.

I'm sure - Real Madrid would love to ship Bale out but he's there. Zaha wants to leave Palace but he's still there (and you could say the same about Brighton and Duffy, which is why it's only a loan).

How many clubs are going to fork out money for players who haven't cut it in the PL and match Everton's salary?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I first read this thinking they signed Jay Rodriguez.:ffsparr:

I've not seen too much of James Rodriguez but I remember him scoring a brilliant goal in the 2014 World Cup for Columbia. How did he do performance wise for Real Madrid? I don't really follow Spanish football.

I'm not convinced with Doucare. Didn't look particularly impressive against us but did score a good goal to be fair.

Considering his price Richarlison hasn't been a great signing for Everton from what I've seen. I wouldn't be surprised if they're already looking to offload him with these big names coming in.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I'm sure - Real Madrid would love to ship Bale out but he's there. Zaha wants to leave Palace but he's still there (and you could say the same about Brighton and Duffy, which is why it's only a loan).

How many clubs are going to fork out money for players who haven't cut it in the PL and match Everton's salary?

Well, we won't have to wait much longer to find out. I'll hazard a guess that they manage to offload 3 or 4 of them.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Really think this will be the strongest Premier League we've seen yet. Lots of strengthening going on.

Everton have made three signings that wouldn't look out of place in a top 6 team here. They have one of the greatest managers of all time and are signing players of that calibre. Obviously, they've not lived up to their expectations recently but these signings do feel a little different than the £90million they spent on Sigurðsson, Tosun and Walcott a few years ago.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I first read this thinking they signed Jay Rodriguez.:ffsparr:

I've not seen too much of James Rodriguez but I remember him scoring a brilliant goal in the 2014 World Cup for Columbia. How did he do performance wise for Real Madrid? I don't really follow Spanish football.

I'm not convinced with Doucare. Didn't look particularly impressive against us but did score a good goal to be fair.

Considering his price Richarlison hasn't been a great signing for Everton from what I've seen. I wouldn't be surprised if they're already looking to offload him with these big names coming in.

James Rodriguez has been underwhelming everywhere he's been since the world cup in 2014 with occasional moments of magic. Doucoure will definitely improve them. As for Richarlison don't get that comment at all he's been carrying Everton by far their best player at the moment.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here