Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
The match report on the club site says it was planned which is a relief. Would be fantastic if he could get some minutes for the first team before the ene of the year. Think some have forgotten how good he was.
What is the latest on Encisco? Anyone have any inside information?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The match report on the club site says it was planned which is a relief. Would be fantastic if he could get some minutes for the first team before the ene of the year. Think some have forgotten how good he was.
So how did he look in his cameo for the U21s? Anybody with an eye-witness report?

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Great to see Moder on the way back, but isn't there a lot of rose-coloured specs being worn? Decent player and a welcome addition to an injury-ravaged squad but you'd be hard pressed to name many games where he stood out. Or is that just me being harsh?

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Great to see Moder on the way back, but isn't there a lot of rose-coloured specs being worn? Decent player and a welcome addition to an injury-ravaged squad but you'd be hard pressed to name many games where he stood out. Or is that just me being harsh?

It seems a while ago now, but my memory of him being on the pitch was that I always felt he’d had a game that I’d rate as a 7 or 8 without necessarily doing anything spectacular.

I’m not expecting anything from him this season except that he hopefully works his way back to full fitness and gets fully comfortable with the RDZ style of play.

If he stays fit through this season, then I’ll personally consider it fair to start looking critically at his performances from next season onward.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yes, probably.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011

My memory of him is good, he was a Potter wet dream, an all rounder, good passing, decent in the tackle and pace, his height meant he got on the end of a few crosses/set pieces, his flexibility led Potter to play him at wing back where he did weirdly well. I seem to remember him hitting the post a lot but who didn’t under Potter.

The excitement come from how good De Zerbi can make him, he was one of our better players and is basically a blank canvas for RDZ, he can be milder into any of the central roles and even cover full back injuries

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said repeatedly here, the answer to your question is:-

15.02.22, Old Trafford, 6 weeks before his ACL.

Utd couldn't pick him up all night.
He was all over the pitch.
But with De Zerbi in mind, Moder is an absolute bugger a first touch 'round the corner' pass - pure undistilled catnip to Roberto.

Screenshot_20231104-121504.png

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
What stood out for me with Moder last night was that he really is a physical presence. We currently lack that in midfield and I think he could be brilliant for us. He was just starting to look good before the injury and fingers crossed he will kick on.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wasn’t he keeping MacAllister out of the team most weeks before his injury. Just shows how good he was as as soon as Mac got a run his career trajectory sky-rocketed.
Not really. In the final couple of games before the injury Mac was starting and Moder was on the bench. Before that they’d actually started quite a few games together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here