[Albion] Jakub Moder

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The point you make is fair. I can't think of any examples of players who have been out for 18 months and come back to be as good.

However he has a chance. Izquierdo and CMS both had a game based on explosive acceleration. Moder is more of a, glide around the midfield prodding passes out of tight areas, type player.

I also think there is a point about age here. A player over around 28, in my experience has little chance of a successful recovery after a year out with this kind of injury. Moder has had this bad injury relatively young, his body has more of a chance to fully recover.
Solly March was out, twice, for very long periods of time.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He’s been out of the game for a year. That’s a massive hit for him. Is he even in training?

Losing a year’s match awareness, fitness, and application of skill could just knock him out of the picture full time.

But, I remember when Dale Stephen’s was out for a long period. He then came back strong before his head went all noddy and he set of to Burnley for a prolonged lie down.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Solly March was out, twice, for very long periods of time.
Solly has only had 1 very long period out injured. When he did his ACL against Derby he was out for around 11 months.

His only other significant spells out injured came in the 2014-15 season where he missed the opening 18 league games (3.5 months) in The Championship, he was then available for the next 11 games, before missing the final 17 games (3 months) of the season. He also missed the final 16 games (3 months) of the 20-21 Premier League season.

He’s been out of the game for a year. That’s a massive hit for him. Is he even in training?

See post #217, Moder is training with the first team and has been for a while now it seems going on training photos etc.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Losing a year’s match awareness, fitness, and application of skill could just knock him out of the picture full time.

But, I remember when Dale Stephen’s was out for a long period. He then came back strong before his head went all noddy and he set of to Burnley for a prolonged lie down.

He has taken part in the last few training sessions but would agree he is still likely to be months off for the reasons you say.

Still young though so there is some hope.

DZB might be asked about this today?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Have you read the last few posts?

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
He will play some minutes in December as we will probably have about 30,000 fixtures in 10 days.

I'm very interested to see where he will fit in DeZerbis system. I suppose as a Gross replacement in the DM role allowing Gross to move to RB if needed.
I didn't realise we had that many fixtures in December, even half of that number would mean about 1500 games a day. Don't think I will be able to fit that many in, have used up most of my holiday

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Roy Keane had the better part of his career after a year out with a knee ligament injury, the one Alf Inge Haaland got clattered for a year later
Van Nistelroy went on to play for Man United and Real Madrid after doing his ACL and being out for a year at PSV.
Andrew Crofts was playing better than he ever had after his first ACL, the second one not so much.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I wonder if he'll play a part of the u21 game at the end of the month.
It would be good to have another midfield option for the second half of the season.
And on a not entirely unrelated note, I saw the Albion posted pictures of Julio yesterday, suggesting he is doing gym work. Hopefully he'll be available again after Christmas as well.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wonder if he'll play a part of the u21 game at the end of the month.
It would be good to have another midfield option for the second half of the season.
And on a not entirely unrelated note, I saw the Albion posted pictures of Julio yesterday, suggesting he is doing gym work. Hopefully he'll be available again after Christmas as well.
Call me greedy but I’d like BOTH back for December.

I think we could really need them.

In a 28 day period in December, we have 8 (eight) games. On average, this is one game every 3.5 days. That is crazy. We need as many fit players in our squad as possible.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Call me greedy but I’d like BOTH back for December.

I think we could really need them.

In a 28 day period in December, we have 8 (eight) games. On average, this is one game every 3.5 days. That is crazy. We need as many fit players in our squad as possible.
You're greedy 😄 but agree with you 👍100%

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was trying to think of other players who've been out that long. Then I remembered Nathan Ferguson. Signed by Palace from West Brom over three years ago. Came with a knee injury that was obviously way more serious than Palace expected. Was out for months. Got back: ruptured his achilles. Got back from that: tore a hamstring. Came back from that: damaged his foot. April this year: tears a thigh muscle again. Has played a grand total of eight minutes for them. They extended his contact to June 2024 last year. A bold move by them, although commendable in the player welfare sense of course.

Bloody hell. Uncle Roy has reported that Nathan Ferguson suffered a "serious hamstring injury" in his comeback game.

Even for a Palace player, you have to feel sorry for him. Eight minutes of senior football in nearly four years. Poor guy.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That makes Keiron Dyer sound indestructible by comparison.
Indeed. Apparently needs surgery on the hamstring now.That sort of thing must make you question whether you want to do it any more, surely. He seems from his Twitter to be a devout Christian, so maybe his faith sustains him. I hope so, for his own mental wellbeing. Especially as you can't imagine Palace will give him another new contract in June after all this.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Indeed. Apparently needs surgery on the hamstring now.That sort of thing must make you question whether you want to do it any more, surely. He seems from his Twitter to be a devout Christian, so maybe his faith sustains him. I hope so, for his own mental wellbeing. Especially as you can't imagine Palace will give him another new contract in June after all this.
He moves in mysterious ways apparently. Perhaps he suffered bad luck with injuries too. Tough father by all accounts, but not making any judgements

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
He moves in mysterious ways apparently. Perhaps he suffered bad luck with injuries too. Tough father by all accounts, but not making any judgements
Not having to play for palace could be a blessing in disguise, small mercies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports