[Albion] Jakub Moder

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Naylor said this in The Athletic today which led me to believe he was going to be there but maybe not as there were lots of Alzate photos?:

“Players that have not been on international duty report back today (Monday) for health and fitness testing.

They include Jakub Moder and Steven Alzate, both of whom De Zerbi will monitor during pre-season to gauge whether they will be in the midfield reckoning.

Polish international Moder has not played since April last year, due to serious knee damage, while Alzate spent last season on loan to Standard Liege in Belgium.”
Bound to still be in the building, but surely if he's running etc we'd have seen it? Very unlikely a player coming back from that kind of injury would be put through the usual first day back tests.
Fingers crossed because he's a lovely player but I'm not counting on him playing in 2023.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I did my ACL when I was 21, and ended up having two surgeries on it. The way ACL reconstruction works is that you get a graft that replaces the original ligament, but it takes about 9 months for this to do the job of the original ligament. You spend that 9 months building up the muscles in your leg, but if you have a set back and damage the graft, you'll likely need the operation again. This essentially puts you back to square one, which sounds like what happened to Moder. Also, its worth noting that different surgical techniques can have an impact. When I had my first op, they used part of the patella tendon as the replacement graft because its less invasive. But the second time they used part of the hamstring. If Moder had a hamstring graft this could also increase the recuperation time because his hamstring will also need to recover.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apparently, the Moderagent has been correcting assumptions the magic man needs a third operation. This report says he needs another month. Let’s see:

Oh no I can't believe he's had his leg amputated.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
So many things though….

Has the healing process been successful
Does he trust the repair
Has he broken down in training.

Very disappointing for him…… Good luck Jakub.
Yep he's a really elegant player. Think he was harshly treated because of his perceived weak finishing but he has so much potential.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Moder, Izzy, Mwuepo. All in about 3 seasons. This doesn’t feel ‘normal’. How many other clubs have lost 3 first team players to career ending injury/illness in 3 seasons? Not bloody many. Massive slice of bad luck. Yet we still continue to climb.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Naylor has given an update. Club has no idea when he returns to training.

That's odd because his agent said a couple of weeks ago that it'd be a month.

So has he had another setback as I've not seen anything specifically stated (apart from NSC rumors that he's out for the rest of his career)?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Moder, Izzy, Mwuepo. All in about 3 seasons. This doesn’t feel ‘normal’. How many other clubs have lost 3 first team players to career ending injury/illness in 3 seasons? Not bloody many. Massive slice of bad luck. Yet we still continue to climb.
Moder's career isn't over. Unless you have any inside info, probably best not to make such statements.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Moder's career isn't over. Unless you have any inside info, probably best not to make such statements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports