Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Naylor has given an update. Club has no idea when he returns to training.
thats not quite what he said - Moder "Isn't close to a return, no timescale" and i assume to playning , not training. That means they are reluctant to put a date on it - understandably. It doesn't mean they have "no idea".

Jul 7, 2003
After serious injury, many players then suffer muscle injuries as they return to full training. Hope this turns out to be the case for Moder and it is just a small delay in his recovery.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Any more news on his injury/recovery? Only recent picture i've seen of him is with the rest of the squad at Donatellos a few weeks back.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Any more news on his injury/recovery? Only recent picture i've seen of him is with the rest of the squad at Donatellos a few weeks back.
I haven't a clue but you have to feel for the lad.

• Sad
Reactions: A1X

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Was Moder in any of the pre-season photos from the training ground? Just like the ones in the gym..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do we take the fact that the club have included him in the 20-man PL squad list (A), as an indication that he might just feature this side of January?

Or is that list literally just every single player over 21 on a pro deal at the club?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
My question is: is he still training alone, or is he now being integrated into squad training?
The fact that he's not lying on a table is a positive. But I would take it that he is training alone. There were snaps earlier this week of the squad training and he wasn't in them. I would still be surprised if we saw him this side of xmas. Then we'll see.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gotta start somewhere, and non-contact training is always it.

Always felt that, under Potter's regime, there was a real player in there but we hadn't quite worked out how to get the best out of him, in terms of position and players around him. If he gets his fitness back, it could be such a massive thing for us.

Best not to put too much pressure on him though. The psychological impact of being out for as long as he has been (a year and a half now?) must be huge. You just can't help wishing him well.

I was trying to think of other players who've been out that long. Then I remembered Nathan Ferguson. Signed by Palace from West Brom over three years ago. Came with a knee injury that was obviously way more serious than Palace expected. Was out for months. Got back: ruptured his achilles. Got back from that: tore a hamstring. Came back from that: damaged his foot. April this year: tears a thigh muscle again. Has played a grand total of eight minutes for them. They extended his contact to June 2024 last year. A bold move by them, although commendable in the player welfare sense of course.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Gotta start somewhere, and non-contact training is always it.

Always felt that, under Potter's regime, there was a real player in there but we hadn't quite worked out how to get the best out of him, in terms of position and players around him. If he gets his fitness back, it could be such a massive thing for us.

Best not to put too much pressure on him though. The psychological impact of being out for as long as he has been (a year and a half now?) must be huge. You just can't help wishing him well.

I was trying to think of other players who've been out that long. Then I remembered Nathan Ferguson. Signed by Palace from West Brom over three years ago. Came with a knee injury that was obviously way more serious than Palace expected. Was out for months. Got back: ruptured his achilles. Got back from that: tore a hamstring. Came back from that: damaged his foot. April this year: tears a thigh muscle again. Has played a grand total of eight minutes for them. They extended his contact to June 2024 last year. A bold move by them, although commendable in the player welfare sense of course.
how long was Solly out for the 1st time?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here