Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Reports from Poland suggest that they are seriously worried about his recovery time and his future. He was becoming a key player in the national team and they were ( disappointingly ) critical of his treatment at Brighton.
I thought Brighton were very critical of his treatment in Poland, which caused a setback in his recovery?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought Brighton were very critical of his treatment in Poland, which caused a setback in his recovery?
Not publicly I believe, but he did suffer a setback when he went to Poland for recovery and had been training with a personal trainer there.

To be honest this kind of injury isn’t really a ‘linear’ recovery and likely you’ll get setback but if he has had another major setback it’s a huge concern, especially if a third (?) surgery is needed.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I was led to believe that an ACL injury was now less of a threat to a player's career than in the past, due to advances in treatment.

This is generally true, but worryingly for Moder, there is still a significant risk of the player never playing again after an ACL rupture.

A medical study paper titled 'Impact of Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury on European Professional Soccer Players' which was published in 2022 in the Orthopedic Journal of Sports Medicine, evaluated the effect ACL reconstruction had on the performance and career of professional footballers in the top 8 European Leagues.

Statistically every club will have a player suffer an ACL rupture every 2 years on average.

In the 3 investigated seasons there were 195 ACL injuries out of 13,736 total players.

Only 183 players satisfied inclusion criteria in the study, while 12 were excluded due to insufficient available data.

ACL injuries by Position

 Goalkeeper 15 (8.2%)
 Defender 67 (36.6%)
 Midfielder 58 (31.7%)
 Forward 43 (23.5%)

The Premier League has the longest average recovery time, 321 days. In ligue 1 in France it's just 193 days.

Strangely players over 30 have a significantly shorter recovery than those in the 25-30 age group.

<25 238 days out
25-30 272 days out
>30 201 days out

Prior to the injury all players in Moder's age range (<25) play an average of 40% of all available minutes.

Post recovery, that same age group play the following available minutes in each subsequent season.

Year 1 29%
Year 2 43%
Year 3 41%

The really worrying statistic is that within the third postoperative season, 66 players (36%) now playing in a lower league, and 25 players (13.6%) had ended their careers.

Players older than 30 years presented a statistically significant higher rate of ending their career/changing to a lower league. Among 21 injured players older than 30 years of age, 10 were transferred to a lower league and 6 stopped their career.

Thankfully Moder is young enough to have a better chance of a full recovery, but his prolonged rehabilitation is a concern.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I am really looking forward to hearing news as soon as the prognosis is clear......

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He will thrive under RDZ another cursed by the Potter anti scoring effect bar post anything but in the fecking goal. Shame he got injured in a game we were never going to win.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Can't really compare the two. Lamptey's game was very reliant on that burst of pace and he's lost a yard or two, whereas I would suggest Moder is a more intelligent kind of player.
Yes Lamptey an d Moder are two ferent players, the former more reliant on his pace, and the latter his brain, but the fact remains that Lamptey is still a confirmed Premier League player, whereas Moder has to almost start again from scratch, as he has played no football at all for a very long time now. I hope he makes it back.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Haven't seen him appear on today training, do anyone have news about Moder?
Possibly fit but the club haven't sake him to come back yet (can't imagine why they would do this though)

Possibly still injured. In which case he'll have been out for a year and a half by the time the season starts, which is getting into Izquierdo territory

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Possibly fit but the club haven't sake him to come back yet (can't imagine why they would do this though)

Possibly still injured. In which case he'll have been out for a year and a half by the time the season starts, which is getting into Izquierdo territory
So, maybe fit, maybe injured - or not. Got it!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

I've just seen that the club threatened to sue a polish TV reporter for suggesting that, having spoken to the Polish FA and Moder's doctors, his recovery was hampered by the clubs own rehabilitation program.

The Journalist claims he received a letter from the Albion's legal team demanding an on air retraction.

This is understandably a sensitive subject, that will hopefully have a happy ending.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He's not fit it seems. He'd be all over the socials wouldn't he? The moment he got on a bike they were posting photos of him.
Fingers crossed he is back soon.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He's not fit it seems. He'd be all over the socials wouldn't he? The moment he got on a bike they were posting photos of him.
Fingers crossed he is back soon.
Naylor said this in The Athletic today which led me to believe he was going to be there but maybe not as there were lots of Alzate photos?:

“Players that have not been on international duty report back today (Monday) for health and fitness testing.

They include Jakub Moder and Steven Alzate, both of whom De Zerbi will monitor during pre-season to gauge whether they will be in the midfield reckoning.

Polish international Moder has not played since April last year, due to serious knee damage, while Alzate spent last season on loan to Standard Liege in Belgium.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here