Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Hadn't realised how tall he was - standing there next to Fergie waiting to come on, he made Fergie look tiny. My Spurs mate's wife refused to comment on whether he was the most attractive player in the PL though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was watching him closely tonight, trying to be neutral.
He had a couple of moments where he got tangled up, hopefully that's just the cobwebs.
Played a nice ball into Ferguson and had a couple of 'round the corners'.

All things considered I think he did well enough.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Maybe, but the length of Ferguson’s inconsistency is a bit of a worry. I don’t dispute Beleba is “inconsistent”
It’s fine - as is mitomas - means they’ll be here longer hopefully 🙌

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It's not all about stats. It's about watching the player and seeing the influence he has. It's like criticising Danny Wellbeck for not scoring enough goals. He was immense tonight but according to stats he had no goals or assists. There's stats etc....
I think its expected by most that someone who plays in the position he does should score more and he has missed a few sitters (whilst also scoring some incredible ones) BUT before any one jumps down my throat , it doesn't undermine his overall contribution and tonight he was fantastic.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Unnecessary. And complete bollocks. Young players will be inconsistent
There's inconsistent and there's loss of form and I think Fergie has the latter . Not sure what it is but he doesn't seem to have that same spark he had earlier (backend of last season) . Yes got the penalty but to be fair that was just a crazy tackle. Really hope he gets back to form as have been a big fan of his from U21 times. Maybe he is an awkward growing phase where his body is not quite lined up.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I think its expected by most that someone who plays in the position he does should score more and he has missed a few sitters (whilst also scoring some incredible ones) BUT before any one jumps down my throat , it doesn't undermine his overall contribution and tonight he was fantastic.
That is precisely the point that I was trying to make. Stats are an indication of performance but if you really want to see what a player really contributes to a team you have to look at lots more.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That is precisely the point that I was trying to make. Stats are an indication of performance but if you really want to see what a player really contributes to a team you have to look at lots more.
Generally agree, and I think he did okay tonight - pass leading to the second penalty was a good moment which won’t show as an assist, for example.

However, I wouldn’t say I’m a big fan of him playing wide generally. He’s just very square on - reminds me of when Adam Virgo played right back (but obviously much, much better). He just looks like a player playing out of position, which he is.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Generally agree, and I think he did okay tonight - pass leading to the second penalty was a good moment which won’t show as an assist, for example.

However, I wouldn’t say I’m a big fan of him playing wide generally. He’s just very square on - reminds me of when Adam Virgo played right back (but obviously much, much better). He just looks like a player playing out of position, which he is.
I am certainly not arguing with you about Wellbeck, we are all entitled to our views. My point is about statistics. I was amazed to see that spurs had more possession than us. That wasn’t what I saw with my own eyes admittedly on the TV but like I say we are all entitled to our views. Nobody is right or wrong here imo.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Agreed but most people on this forum were brought up when it was the expectation that 'strikers' score goals and for that matter goalies save shots so that's what they look for. Think it is only in last few years where we have concluded that the 20 goals a season striker is immensely rare... And further agree there is only one stat that really matters, how many games do you win. Well that's my opinion.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Deep lying CM like Gilmour and Baleba. Hopefully means former can occasionally get some rest and the latter can continue to develop. Him coming back could mean Dahoud has to vastly improve to have a future here.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
6/1 anytime goalscorer on Betfair...

Got to be worth a quid or two? He's sure to be up for this and (although his stats don't bear it out), I always think he's a goal threat.

Great to have him back and fit enough to start whether he scores or not :)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wonder where he’ll start?

A full back? A wing back? A defensive midfielder or maybe an attacking midfielder? I’m sure Potter had him in all those holes.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I wonder where he’ll start?

A full back? A wing back? A defensive midfielder or maybe an attacking midfielder? I’m sure Potter had him in all those holes.
Predicted heatmap:

600px-Piste_Scandinavia_3_red_rectangle.svg.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
6/1 anytime goalscorer on Betfair...

Got to be worth a quid or two? He's sure to be up for this and (although his stats don't bear it out), I always think he's a goal threat.

Great to have him back and fit enough to start whether he scores or not :)
I think I've said it before, but my recollection is he often got in good positions, but then nearly always failed to convert.

Like Adam Lallana. But a bit taller.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I think I've said it before, but my recollection is he often got in good positions, but then nearly always failed to convert.

Like Adam Lallana. But a bit taller.
His goal vs England has perhaps cemented my view that he's a bigger threat than his stats support. I think maybe his highlights reel pre-Albion had him banging them in too?

Anyway... 6/1 for a midfield starter in a team that's been scoring a lot against higher-level opponents than Stoke is great value I think. Particularly as he'll be raring to go.

(apologies Jakub, as I have well and truly jinxed you there)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here