Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Wright in today's Sunday Times

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Last time I saw Liam Dickenson he was on the bench for Guiseley. I don't know where that is, let alone what division they play in.I hated him from the moment I saw him and bet my mate he wouldn't score more than 10 goals in our season. Easy money.

Feels a lot longer than 7 years ago when all that crud was playing for us. We don't know were born anymore with the quality we now have. To think I was excited about watching some of this lot the first time they played.

Crud compared to the players and the quality of the team that we have now? Yes absolutely.

That doesn't stop me loving the Withdean years though. I will always have fond memories of the place, rain or shine. Particularly RAIN!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not surprised half of our supporters don't remember him, we were shit so they probably weren't Albion fans at the time

Strange comment. I recognise most of the posters on this thread that don't remember Wright, as fans who went to Withdean back in the day. I remember Dickenson, Tunnicliffe etc. Was just scratching my head on JW.

If you look most of the posters have joining dates going back years... well before Jan 2013. (Mind you, I appreciate that "proper" fans will have joined since the Withdean years.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
In fairness to Slade, while did sign rubbish, he got in Elliott Bennett, who we later sold for a profit on all of his signings put together.

Dicker and Navarro were belters too.

Yes thats true - Bennett was a cracking signing for us at that time and Dicker was an excellent player who could pick a pass. Shame is didn't work out for RS with us as he is a really top bloke.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes thats true - Bennett was a cracking signing for us at that time and Dicker was an excellent player who could pick a pass. Shame is didn't work out for RS with us as he is a really top bloke.

Top blokes don't always make top managers alas. I like him too, and agree that he is a great firefighter for struggling teams, but I'm afraid he will never set the world alight at the top end of the table.

He has steadied the ship at Cardiff, but I don't expect them to climb much beyond where they are now under his leadership.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Top blokes don't always make top managers alas. I like him too, and agree that he is a great firefighter for struggling teams, but I'm afraid he will never set the world alight at the top end of the table.

He has steadied the ship at Cardiff, but I don't expect them to climb much beyond where they are now under his leadership.

He was stood on the touchline tonight as CLUELESS as he was at Withdean, EASILY the worst manager we have ever had

Well done to him for the great cup result against Swansea today

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Remember him as a half decent player who never got a chance to establish himself in the team. No great loss...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I remember him, thought he was ok. After he had left I spoke with a guy who had been his agent, he didn't mention issues with other players but did mention Jake was a bit surprised that he was expected to take his kit home with him and wash it.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If he was injured before Gus arrived, then maybe. Vicente didn't think GP had much time for injured players. His last appearance for us was as a sub at Tranmere on October 17. I presume he was injured in training after that, as he didn't come off at Prenton Park. But he was fit enough to play on loan for Oxford on Jan 16, which is quite good going.

You are correct, NAN - the excellent Albion Almanac informs us that he twisted an ankle in training prior to the Oldham game (which was the next fixture after Tranmere). He joined Oxford on loan for the rest of the season on December 31.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I remember him, thought he was ok. After he had left I spoke with a guy who had been his agent, he didn't mention issues with other players but did mention Jake was a bit surprised that he was expected to take his kit home with him and wash it.

That was Graeme Smith the GK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here