Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Robinson

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Still good enough for a lot of lower league clubs, but never really took off with the Albion. Did we expect too much when he was at the Albion ? Face it, we ALWAYS expect too much. It's what football supporters do.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I still remember the day he destroyed Huddersfield Town at the Galpharm. If only he had kicked on from there, but it seemed to be his peak.

I really hope he finds a club that suits him and he can get back to playing regularly. It's been disappointing seeing him bench-warming too much since he left us.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Say what you like about Robinson and Cox but for long periods they where the only glimmer of hope during what was a terrible period of football at Brighton. The only players that would get a bit of excitement going in the crowd.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
He's one of the few from our "golden generation" who were apparently supposed to make up the home grown side to play at The Amex who has actually had a career.

Anybody saying he has been a failure is clearly basing it on the typically over-the-top hype that seemed to surround him as some sort of next Wayne Rooney

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's one of the few from our "golden generation" who were apparently supposed to make up the home grown side to play at The Amex who has actually had a career.

Anybody saying he has been a failure is clearly basing it on the typically over-the-top hype that seemed to surround him as some sort of next Wayne Rooney

Correct. Of that generation who has done better? Hammond, Harding and Cox? Lynch perhaps? The likes of Rents, Hinshelwood, Chamberlain, Gatting, Fraser fell way short of Robinson's career stats to date.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Correct. Of that generation who has done better? Hammond, Harding and Cox? Lynch perhaps? The likes of Rents, Hinshelwood, Chamberlain, Gatting, Fraser fell way short of Robinson's career stats to date.

Gatting went off to cricket (perhaps not surprisingly with his lineage). Surprised me to learn that Tommy Fraser has moved to Australia.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013

Hammond, Harding and El Abd have all played a significant amount of Championship football as regulars, Cox and Elphick have done it at League One and Fogden hasn't done too badly at Bournemouth.

Everyone else has done nothing compared to Robinson. The ultimate example of that is Gatting who was the other one hyped to high-heaven because he'd scored goals for the youth team. The poor bloke was destined to be a failure given the expectations around him before he'd even started.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Good luck to Jake. He's the type of player who would probably have a better chance of impressing at Championship level than amidst the cut and thrust of Div 2. I'm sure he'll find another club to display his diminutive skill, surprisingly vicious shooting and knack of going missing between November and February.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
It's always been a matter of 'application' with Jake. The boy has talent in spades but it seems he can't apply himself. I think he would fit in well at somewhere like Exeter under Paul Tisdale who is a manager I've long admired.

Like many players, he just needs a manager to show him some love and believe in him but he has got to get his attitude right as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here