Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Robinson

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I am always surprised how dismissive some are whenever Jake is mentioned.

For me he has achieved far more than many professionals and yes, a little less than some too.

Those talented young lads that have been released from the DS this week have some hard work to do to replicate Jake's career so far.

I personally hope he finds another club and good luck to him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

For me he has achieved far more than many professionals and yes, a little less than some too.

Those talented young lads that have been released from the DS this week have some hard work to do to replicate Jake's career so far.

This.

Best of luck Jake

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I thought he showed a fair bit of potential but never grew out of his teenage body into a man sized one. Good Luck to him though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I'm not quite sure you can say he has achieved much as a professional. He had promise which was either never fulfilled or just wasn't good enough. He never set the world alight at the Albion and has been very far from prolific at every club he has been at since. Apart from Brighton, has he ever had a contract renewed by a club as it seems he is released every time. No ill feeling to him but seems he might have been a victim of the expectation so many put in him, much like Joe Gatting. Prolific in the reserves but didn't get the breaks in the first team.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'm not quite sure you can say he has achieved much as a professional. He had promise which was either never fulfilled or just wasn't good enough. He never set the world alight at the Albion and has been very far from prolific at every club he has been at since. Apart from Brighton, has he ever had a contract renewed by a club as it seems he is released every time. No ill feeling to him but seems he might have been a victim of the expectation so many put in him, much like Joe Gatting. Prolific in the reserves but didn't get the breaks in the first team.

I am sure that Jake himself can offer some explanation of the twist and turns of his career, every footballer has a story to tell.

My point was that his own career has mirrored many professional footballers and to have stayed within the pro game up to the age of 26 years old, needn't be looked upon as some kind of failure.

I am not sure of Joe Gatting's stats, but I could see that Jake's career has surpassed Joe's just as it has many 100's of other ex-professionals.

Has he underachieved, maybe, but perhaps he has trained and dedicated himself to earn contract after contract in difficult circumstances, cup half full.

Football is to a point a brutal profession and for him to remain within it deserves more credit than some like to offer.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He's the classic example of a young, promising player who our clueless fans demanded be thrown into the first team at a ridiculously young age, and was expected to start scoring goals for fun straight away. Surprise surprise, he failed, and drifted down the leagues into obscurity. Yet the same clueless fans still want us to take the same course of action with the likes of Barker, JFC etc. I'm so glad that we as a club don't do that anymore. Had Jake been here under Gus I'm pretty sure he would have gone on to higher things than being released by Northampton.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Be nice, he reads this.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
290 odd appearances and 40 something goals on league football is not shabby at all.

Hope he finds a new league club or a top conference team.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He's decent enough, a lot of people on here obviously dont know what it takes to become a Professional and he has done very well.

I always thought he could have been a decent winger and would fit in a 4-3-3 nicely, not a bad final ball on him, although if he has lost his pace he maybe struggling a little.

Hope he finds a new club and does well. just needs one season of scoring 20 and he will have clubs looking at him again.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He's decent enough, a lot of people on here obviously dont know what it takes to become a Professional and he has done very well.

I always thought he could have been a decent winger and would fit in a 4-3-3 nicely, not a bad final ball on him, although if he has lost his pace he maybe struggling a little.

Hope he finds a new club and does well. just needs one season of scoring 20 and he will have clubs looking at him again.

I don't think anyone is really having a go or being too disrespectful, but he has been bit of a L2 journeyman. Never really settled or get into a team, and never had a contract renewed.

Hopefully he'll find his level and settle in.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Always a buzz in the crowd when Jakey was brought on as a sub. Best of luck to him I say.

Agreed, the lad was an exciting player compared to the dross around him. At least he is making a living playing a game he obviously enjoys. There are precious few professional English players these days.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Great Albion, player wish he could have stayed with us, hope he can keep his league career going if he wants.

Good luck Jake Robinson, Brighton loves you more than you will know (wo wo wo)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here