Jake Robinson

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R2D2

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sorry if this has been done before, but does anyone know if he has signed a long term contract with us yet?

According to the arsegas, there was quite a few scouts at last nights FA Youth Cup. I would hate to see him get snatched away from us!!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I don't believe that he has signed. I don't even know if he's been offered a contract.

I hope it's not that DK is waiting until he's poached by a Prem League outfit who he can claim another £1M+ compensation from. There are reports that lots of scouts were at yesterday's game - and he scored 2.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he's not been offered a contract then it would seem that DK is possibly not the Albion fan most of us believe him to be. Can someone give me one reasonable reason why we haven't offered him a contract. (If we haven't)

Offering him the same as someone else (a la Sidwell) once we have all but lost him will seriously piss me off. If Jake is the Albion fan that Desert Orchid tells us he is, I hope the club aren't playing on that to save money and string him along. The silence from the club is deafening.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree with all of the above.

In light of what happened with Barry and Standing the club need to act. If the wheels are turning then issue a statement to say so. Otherwise, it looks as though the club are just waiting for a decent offer from Aston Villa...

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
As a friend of jake i can tell you that there has been no offer as yet but he is desperate to sign for the albion. Just waiting for the contract to be put on the table. Dont know why it hasnt as yet but he is a big fan of the club. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .SIGN HIM UP

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
if he does go we will get no where near the amount that we got for barry the only reason wwe got that much was as there was a public out cry in the press. we would get 100k max if he went and thats if we were lucky, also we all know were the money would be put and its not players

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
:clap: :clap2: :clap:
F.A.O. Mr. McGhee

Tell Mr. Knight there's a superb young player who you've you seen playing for a youth team (two goals last night!), and you can get him on a contract without massive outlay, so Mr Tight can keep some of his money for Falmer. He's a proven goal scorer, and if he's on a contract surely compensation would be much higher if he's poached by another team :lolol:

Jake needs a :censored: contract now! Can't Brighton see a good young player when he's staring them in the face :angry:

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
Icy Gull said:
If he's not been offered a contract then it would seem that DK is possibly not the Albion fan most of us believe him to be. Can someone give me one reasonable reason why we haven't offered him a contract. (If we haven't)

Offering him the same as someone else (a la Sidwell) once we have all but lost him will seriously piss me off. If Jake is the Albion fan that Desert Orchid tells us he is, I hope the club aren't playing on that to save money and string him along. The silence from the club is deafening.
Jake has been with the club since the age of 11 and wants to sign pro for us very badly but he also supports Arsenal, as do all of his family. Liam Brady was there last night and saw Jake score 2 cracking goals.

Good luck to the lad if he does go to Arsenal, but I have a terrible feeling that we are about to get seriously stitched up by our chairman. Knight and, to an extent, McGhee will be to blame if we do lose him. I will lose all confidence in Knight if he flogs Jake off and it's about time McGhee woke up too.

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
Seagulltonian said:
:clap: :clap2: :clap:
F.A.O. Mr. McGhee

Tell Mr. Knight there's a superb young player who you've you seen playing for a youth team (two goals last night!)
McGhee missed it again last night :(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Albionite83 said:
. I will lose all confidence in Knight if he flogs Jake off

If this player slips away without us making an effort to sign him BEFORE someone else does I will be 100% convinced that this club is run by cowboys, with different agendas to the fans.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albionite83 said:
Jake has been with the club since the age of 11 and wants to sign pro for us very badly but he also supports Arsenal, as do all of his family. Liam Brady was there last night and saw Jake score 2 cracking goals.

Good luck to the lad if he does go to Arsenal, but I have a terrible feeling that we are about to get seriously stitched up by our chairman. Knight and, to an extent, McGhee will be to blame if we do lose him. I will lose all confidence in Knight if he flogs Jake off and it's about time McGhee woke up too.

sorry cant blame mcghee for it if he goes he has been at the club 5 minutes it would be knights fault and knights fault only

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Now he's 17, a pro contract can be signed.
(He turned 17 last month)

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
why are we f*cking around with this?! it really makes no sense. if it is money we're after then surely it would be better to have him on a contract anyway (not that that's what the fans want but hey..)

SIGN HIM UP!

NOW!
NOW!
NOW!
NOW!
NOW!
NOW!
NOW!
NOW!
NOW!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports