Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jake Robinson could be in a bit of trouble!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

It's one thing to criticise but to call a ref a cheat!!

Rightly or wrongly, Sussex FA might decide his 25 years is long enough.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Why would he be in trouble? he’s watched a game as a fan and made a comment, he doesn’t play for a team in that league.
I'm with you in spirit, but his words were too strong. And he will be expected to set a better example.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He might not be in trouble with the FA for it but I’m pretty sure naming the ref and accusing him of cheating (not being a bad ref but actual cheating) is dodgy ground legally

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

It's one thing to criticise but to call a ref a cheat!!

Rightly or wrongly, Sussex FA might decide his 25 years is long enough.

Jake goes on to accuse the ref of corruption in another tweet in the replies.

To be fair, it was a bit of a soft penalty. To coin a phrase, I haven't seen those given!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Jake goes on to accuse the ref of corruption in another tweet in the replies.

To be fair, it was a bit of a soft penalty. To coin a phrase, I haven't seen those given!
If you mean the video of the penalty decision in the Twitter replies that’s a different match, I believe someone has posted that to show this ref and the decisions he makes.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Needs to learn how to phrase such words.

Arsene Wenger in a post match interview when at Arsenal said words to the effect of - Was the referee incompetent or cheating - which although a question gives a clear indication of his view on the referee.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hope the ref sues him for libel

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Unless something dodgy had actually gone on. Can’t be sued for libel if it’s true.
If you say he’s corrupt then good luck proving it

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If you say he’s corrupt then good luck proving it
I’m not, just pointing out that libel isn’t an actionable cause if it can be proven to be true. I didn’t even read the tweets. It’s like how legally one can call Prince Andrew a nonce.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m not, just pointing out that libel isn’t an actionable cause if it can be proven to be true. I didn’t even read the tweets. It’s like how legally one can call Prince Andrew a nonce.
Like I said, good luck to Jake proving that the ref is involved in corruption.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Bit OTT IMHO. The boy clearly got caught up in the moment and has now deleted the offending tweet
I’m sure refs get criticism every week from football fans on social media, a fair few people didn’t think a footballer should be commenting….. as mentioned in other posts on this thread, a poor choice of words, he has admitted this.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I wasn't aware the video was from a different match but what the keeper did was clearly not a penalty in any stretch of the imagination. If the Sussex FA take a dim view then he could get a footballing ban irrespective of whether he was playing or not.

However, if that is an example of the type of referee this bloke is then they would be better off not having a ref at all as he is the one giving refs a bad name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here