Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake on Twitter

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
"Another day of just training. Hope its not another frustrating season. Good luck to the boys tonights"

Well that answers the question about whether he's going to be playing tonight i guess. Also sounds that he's peed off !!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He was a bit like that last season too, when talking to Andy Whing with 'how things were going'

We'll just have to trust Gus on this one I think!

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
A loan is needed... to a team that play decent football... Swindon under Di Canio? Would be winning a high percentage of games... and i'm sure Paulo will have them playing some decent stuff.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Theres no need for that comment from him, he should be keeping his mouth shut, not airing it in public.

his time will come, its called working hard and patience.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Bit early for a comment like that. Twitter will never be a good thing in this type of situation.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Don't like the sound of that. I expect he'll have an agent making him fidgety.

Im 95% certain Nicky Forster is his agent.

He's a young lad who clearly wants to play in the first team, seeing Dunk ( who is still a couple of years older than him ) in the first team is probably giving him itchy feet.

He wont be playing for the under 18s and lack of development games at the moment probably isnt the ideal situation for him to be in.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Easily understood especially after Gus' comment about limited opportunity for him specifically. Bit of a conundrum. A loan may keep him happy by getting games but will it satisfy him to the point where he stops developing in the thinking aspects of the game which is what may make the difference between lower league journeyman a la Cox and being a potential star.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Nicky forster isnt his agent i dont think. I thought it was dazzalewis who posts on here.

May be wrong

That would be Dazzalewis agent of Leon Knight (upsets people on twitter), slagged off by Steve Evans for his behaviour during a transfer (using twitter from Evans' office), who is Forster's agent and who said that a job Forster had been offered was too small for him etc etc etc

let's await the transfer request then!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It demonstrates the motivational skills required in a Manager and management team. I assume Jake thinks he's good enough but clearly he isn't just yet - a loan would satisfy his appetite but may inhibit his development - it's a tough one and a pity our reserves aren't getting better exposure as they do in Prem League

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
It demonstrates the motivational skills required in a Manager and management team. I assume Jake thinks he's good enough but clearly he isn't just yet - a loan would satisfy his appetite but may inhibit his development - it's a tough one and a pity our reserves aren't getting better exposure as they do in Prem League

Which is why we should be worried - Brighton reserves, or Prem teams reserves? Even as a Brighton fan, I know which one I'd pick in his position.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Gus already said Jake is the future of the club and the 5 sub rule, has almost killed his chances of progressing into the first team this season. Gus knows that the kid is annoyed and why because he is as well.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
He is wrong to tweet this and Gus will no doubt let him know that!

Gus has said that he'll field a strong side for cup games this season to be fair, and Jake has to accept that!

This daft reduction in subs rule doesn't help players like Jake though... Say if we happen to be 3-0 up with 30 mins to play then this would be an ideal time to give the youngsters a run out IMO..

For this reason I don't think any of the development squad will come through this season unless there is a serious injury list... Even then Gus will use the loan market!!

He may well have to go out on loan... Maybe that's what he's after?

Thoughts?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
League 1 and 2 also... Not certain re cup games but guessing it is the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here