Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Forster-Caskey

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Is JFC the answer, no. Would he be a good alternative in midfield - yes. He can score goals - I do not see hammond or crofts or bridcutt scoring many this season. And this rubbish about experience and age - stirling , wiltshire etc do not see a problem there, it is very narrow minded for a manager to rely on experience. There appears to be no integration of the development squad that has been running for 3yrs ? even Dunk has dropped down the pecking order. Adgestein - not even on the bench when we are crying out for an option up front.
Are the development squad not developing ?

No & apparently Trading Standards have a meeting with Gus next week at The Amex where they will insist that he renames this team 'The Reserves' as he is breaking the Trade Descriptions Act using the 'Development' byline. He will be given a fortnights notice to change or face a community service order every time the term is used

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
They won't develop, if they're not given a chance and I don't mean 10 mins at the end of the game. Last season Poyet kept going on about the number of subs allowed not letting the youngers get a chance, this season the number was increased but still not getting a look in and the senior pros are not doing it, result-wise.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Having seen JFC play for Oxford, I fear that his development as a player is suffering. He should be dominating games in L2, but cuts a forlorn figure in a struggling side.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
JFC is the new Jake Robinson at the moment. He needs time to learn at Oxford and then next year it's shit or bust time for him. I rate him no more than 50:50 at the moment to make the grade.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
The 4 players named, Dunk, Buckley,LuaLua and Agdestein, 1 is a shoe-in to start when fully fit, 1 blows hot and cold, 1 is not considered 1st 11 and the other has been allowed a few mins as a sub when he has impressed. I'll let you workout who's who , at the moment of those 4 only 1 is showing he's good enough. The point I'm making is that Poyet's tried these they've not delivered or he gives them limited time, he's the one who said he wanted to give a chance on the bench to a younger player but he either doesn't bring them on or it's 10mins.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Whatever JFC is, he ain't the answer to our current problems.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
JFC is not the answer, inconsistent for Oxford, hopefully he will be good enough in the future though
Think he needs a better, passing team, maybe in Div one to improve his game
But now ( January) is not the time to return

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here