Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
He did really well today, but up to this point, he's looked like a player that other teams target

But he's taken his chance. Had Fati, March, Enciso and Welbeck not all sustained long term injuries, it's a chance he probably wouldn't have got

But it's not surprising they've targeted him - he's 18 (I think), playing out of position, in a position where getting exposed can quickly lead to conceding goals. The fact that he's got through these games without costing us goals (ok a marginal penalty decision Vs forest) reflects even better on him.
Edit - sorry perhaps you're talking about Buonanotte, I'm referring to Hinshelwood.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Thought he was excellent again today. Kept Sterling very quiet. Assured and great decision making.

Surprised he got hooked for Milner, that pen situation never happens otherwise.
I must be watching a different player. Sterling beat him time and time again and walked through him once in the second half ... He did make one good tackle at the end of his time on the pitch but nothing else. For me he just doesn't have the raw ability of our other youngsters

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I must be watching a different player. Sterling beat him time and time again and walked through him once in the second half ... He did make one good tackle at the end of his time on the pitch but nothing else. For me he just doesn't have the raw ability of our other youngsters
I was reading this comment without initially seeing who it was written by.
It then clicked.

And yes, I was right.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Change your username to Mr Magoo.

Jimmy Grimble

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Guess you would expect
You seem to do that a lot
guess you would expect a English international footballer to do this ???

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
And to be fair, most players get their first chance because of an injury etc.

I think the other point about why Facu gets questioned, is that at the start of the season he looked to most (well i'll just speak for myself) as though he's a year behind Sarmiento in his development, so it's a little unclear why he was kept to play out of position when there was a player who has performed at this level, who would be playing in the correct position who got sent out. I'm not saying I could do better than RDZ, I just think that plays a part in the thought process of those judging him
I think any one who watched his promos (well forget those highly edited pieces of shite) but knew a little of his background with Rosario, read some of the scouting reports and listened to MacAllister’s assessment of the lad, would know, he was very much ahead of Sarmiento in raw talent. Sadly, he seemed to have struggled emotionally with reports of depression in the early months which I think impacted on his game. Sending him out on loan after he was finally getting settled at the end of last season would have been a set back imo. But RDZ isn’t perfect - it is hard to manage the expectations of these young players - Gilmour probably should have got far more time than he did earlier last season but we don’t always know what they are going through emotionally which impacts them in training and which impairs their mental fitness for PL football? - the coaches do and they also know if they have turned a corner emotionally.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I thought he did damn well today but did pull back from a tackle after his yellow and he was subbed at the right time.
Gilmour was super.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He did really well today.

Had his name sung by the fans from his performance, not as a sympathy vote.
Boy will be a big player for us

Also considerably taller than i thought.
he has a kid's face so assumed he was a 5ft 6 er, but must be over 6ft, I'd guess

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just back.

You must be, Hinsh largely gave him absolutely nothing

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

You must be, as the stat providers have Hinshelwood being dribbled past 0 times.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So impressed with him, can only improve

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here