[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
For what it's worth, I thought Hinshelwood looked a very decent prospect on Saturday. OK, he was targeted somewhat in the first half, and Forest almost got in on goal a couple of times. But he grew into the game, and made some nice crisp passes. Given that he's been played out of position in two VERY tough games, it would be ridiculous to write him off now. I would imagine there's a high likelihood he'll go out on loan to a Championship team next season, and I'm sure he'll do well.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He's been ok he hasn't set the world alight.
His stats are better than Adingra's as a point of reference. Not disagreeing or agreeing, just stating the facts.
  • Adingra is 136 mins per goal/assist, Kudus is 117 mins per G/A (excl. Eredivisie apps)
  • Adingra has 6 goals, Kudus 7
  • Adingra has 3 assists, Kudus 2
I'd argue both have proven themselves to be more than capable at Premier League level. What it does tell me though is that Kudus was signed (nearly by us) for £35m and Adingra was £6m two years younger so value for money-wise, Adingra has been excellent.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
His stats are better than Adingra's as a point of reference. Not disagreeing or agreeing, just stating the facts.
  • Adingra is 136 mins per goal/assist, Kudus is 117 mins per G/A (excl. Eredivisie apps)
  • Adingra has 6 goals, Kudus 7
  • Adingra has 3 assists, Kudus 2
I'd argue both have proven themselves to be more than capable at Premier League level. What it does tell me though is that Kudus was signed (nearly by us) for £35m and Adingra was £6m two years younger so value for money-wise, Adingra has been excellent.
I think you've counted Kudus' EL qualifier for Ajax against Ludogorets, where he scored a hattrick.

For West Ham so far he's scored 4* goals (2 PL, 1 EL, 1 Carabou) and 1 assist in 964 minutes.

Adingra has scored 4 (3 PL, 1 EL) and 3 assists in 953 minutes, so slightly better stats.

* or maybe 5? West Ham's first goal against TSC Backa Topala (WHO?) seems to be variously credited to Kudus or as an own goal.

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think you've counted Kudus' EL qualifier for Ajax against Ludogorets, where he scored a hattrick.

For West Ham so far he's scored 4* goals (2 PL, 1 EL, 1 Carabou) and 1 assist in 964 minutes.

Adingra has scored 4 (3 PL, 1 EL) and 3 assists in 953 minutes, so slightly better stats.

* or maybe 5? West Ham's first goal against TSC Backa Topala (WHO?) seems to be variously credited to Kudus or as an own goal.
Ah yes, fair point. I stand corrected. Either way, the stats remain fairly similar and I wouldn't say either have failed to cut it in the PL so far

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
One of the best players on the pitch tonight, awesome

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Let me get this right, he's not PL quality, but he IS Europa League quality...?

It's almost as if the manager knows better than some random poster on NSC :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well done young man - accomplished display in that atmosphere and out of position - Duffus looks a prospect too..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports