Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've dipped my toe into blogdom...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Too many "and" in your first sentence re native.

Apart from that, well written, and a refreshing change from other more infamous attempts

Nice one oh goatee one

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Smart. Quick question then - is it this week or next week that I should start putting my Brussels sprouts on to boil for Christmas...? :shrug:

How very "Radio 2" of you (TOG)

Anchovies with lamb sounds mad. I may well give it a whirl.

Anchovies make a very usefull alternative to salt, drop one in your next sauce when you're frying off onions, they completely disolve away but make for very good seasoning.

Not bad TLO. Maybe though a picture of the finished lamb would have been good though. I'm just doing a base sauce for my next 2 months of curries as I write.

The Curry Secret? :wink::wink:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How very "Radio 2" of you (TOG)

Anchovies make a very usefull alternative to salt, drop one in your next sauce when you're frying off onions, they completely disolve away but make for very good seasoning.

The Curry Secret? :wink::wink:

'Curry recipes online'

Www.cro.co.uk it is serious stuff once you get involved. Be warned Phil. Though I suspect it might be too late for you.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
'Curry recipes online'

Www.cro.co.uk it is serious stuff once you get involved. Be warned Phil. Though I suspect it might be too late for you.

oops, link takes me to a clinical research site!

This is the correct link I think Curry Recipes Online |

The sauces are along the lines of a little book I have called The Curry Secret, make a load up, chuck it in the freezer, take some out when you need it, mix it up with the necessary spices and stuff, hey presto, nice :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
oops, link takes me to a clinical research site!

This is the correct link I think Curry Recipes Online |

The sauces are along the lines of a little book I have called The Curry Secret, make a load up, chuck it in the freezer, take some out when you need it, mix it up with the necessary spices and stuff, hey presto, nice :thumbsup:

That site is mind boggling :mad:

Those people must be on the curry every night of the week!

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I can confirm the anchovies thing works brilliantly. I used to play Sunday morning football in Nottingham with a guy who supplied Sat Bains with stuff, and had appeared on Masterchef. I always went to him for culinary tips when cooking a special meal for a lady, and that was something he suggested.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I can confirm the anchovies thing works brilliantly. I used to play Sunday morning football in Nottingham with a guy who supplied Sat Bains with stuff, and had appeared on Masterchef. I always went to him for culinary tips when cooking a special meal for a lady, and that was something he suggested.

This is the sort of discussion of ideas and tips I was hoping this blog would fire up.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
... feel free to knock it, though constructive comments would be nice. :)

Large Als cookbook

Good blog I think mate. Planning to get into blogging myself and just about to download wordpress. Take it that it's quite straightforward to use. Also being something of a foodie myself i'll be following your blog and will pass on to others i know. Very well written and interesting.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Smart. Quick question then - is it this week or next week that I should start putting my Brussels sprouts on to boil for Christmas...? :shrug:
I say this EVERY year: If you're having Brussels sprouts for Christmas they should be put on to boil on Bonfire Night. Some say Halloween but I think that's too early, they need to have some chewyness on the Big Day.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Chicken fajitas today. :)

I forgot to say I have been enjoying your blog, when I stalked you out today. I am sure I remember having fajitas, in South America, with some Tequila thrown in to the dish, but I can't quite remember, so it probably was (as well as an accompanying beverage).

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
That was a nice little read. Something like that makes the NSCers I've never met (ie. everyone) more human and less digital - and I like it that your ladywomanfriend is called Daisy.

I don't blog but would welcome reading and keeping tabs on others; perhaps in a "A Thread Full Of..." stylee?

I'm going to try the Fajitas one, sounds pretty darned tasty.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I say this EVERY year: If you're having Brussels sprouts for Christmas they should be put on to boil on Bonfire Night. Some say Halloween but I think that's too early, they need to have some chewyness on the Big Day.

Or buy the M&S mini sprouts which being a sproutophobe, I actually like. You can eat them straight after cooking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here