Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've dipped my toe into blogdom...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm still searching for the holy grail of the curry sauce base. Smells right, looks right, but never quite has the depth of a proper indian restaurant curry. All the addings to make them a masala, dhansak, dopiaza, patia etc are quite easy, if you have all the right bits and pieces, but without the right base it's never the same. Any advice would be gratefully received!

Then you need "The Curry Secret" by Kris Dhillon, all is explained, and you'll have the perfect "Curry Sauce" as used in Indian restaurants all over the UK.

I'm still searching for the holy grail of the curry sauce base. Smells right, looks right, but never quite has the depth of a proper indian restaurant curry. All the addings to make them a masala, dhansak, dopiaza, patia etc are quite easy, if you have all the right bits and pieces, but without the right base it's never the same. Any advice would be gratefully received!

Then you need "The Curry Secret" by Kris Dhillon, all is explained, and you'll have the perfect "Curry Sauce" as used in Indian restaurants all over the UK.

This is the one.

I've been using it for a few years now and can make curry exactly as it is in a restaurant.

http://www.morpeth17.freeserve.co.uk/The_Curry_Secret.pdf

dave_battle

Jun 2, 2013

I've got the Kris Dhillon book - some great stuff but I still dont think he has the base sauce quite right. Also use thecurrycookbook by David Smith - his is closer, but still missing something. The search continues!

I've got the Kris Dhillon book - some great stuff but I still dont think he has the base sauce quite right. Also use thecurrycookbook by David Smith - his is closer, but still missing something. The search continues!

He has you know, I've made his base sauce and compared it to the base sauce of a couple of Indian restaurants I've managed to persuade to give me some of theirs and it's almost identical.

dave_battle

Jun 2, 2013
He has you know, I've made his base sauce and compared it to the base sauce of a couple of Indian restaurants I've managed to persuade to give me some of theirs and it's almost identical.

Have to disagree. I have used his method, then added cumin and coriander and that gets closer, but still not quite there. I'm probably being too fussy though. The earlier poster who mentioned using ghee could have something though. WIll investigate and report back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here