Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've been gone for a while, made some changes in my style...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Top stuff Mellotron... Yep - Kerrang are indeed going large on these boys! Albion fans too... Awesome!

Kosh

Drummer is a very good mate of mine and is a season ticket holder up in WSU with me - on the few occasions he can make a game, insanely busy now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Okay, thanks. I like that, who are they?

Royal Blood - they're a couple of chaps from Worthing area - I grew up in a number of bands with the drummer, and he sits up with me in WSU when he's around. Both very, very naturally talented musicians. Mike the singer/bassist only picked up a bass for the first time a year or so ago, he's a piano player really. Got some serious backing behind them now and are playing pretty much every festival this summer alongside supporting Arctic Monkeys on their Finsbury Park dates.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm in

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Royal Blood - they're a couple of chaps from Worthing area - I grew up in a number of bands with the drummer, and he sits up with me in WSU when he's around. Both very, very naturally talented musicians. Mike the singer/bassist only picked up a bass for the first time a year or so ago, he's a piano player really. Got some serious backing behind them now and are playing pretty much every festival this summer alongside supporting Arctic Monkeys on their Finsbury Park dates.

Nice one, thanks. Great to see a local band pick up backing. Is that track representative, kind of bluesy grunge?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nice one, thanks. Great to see a local band pick up backing. Is that track representative, kind of bluesy grunge?

I'd say so - they're an amalgam of QOTSA, early Muse, Nirvana, White Stripes, etc. Fantastic live, amazing energy.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
Mellotron, are Royal Blood (Ben Thatcher and Mike Kerr) a product of BIMM? My lad is studying a drumming degree there at the mo. Top band by the way. Thanks for the introduction

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Mike the singer/bassist only picked up a bass for the first time a year or so ago, he's a piano player really.

I'm impressed. What an unusual style of bass playing. I love rock music and particularly enjoy the bassists Geddy Lee, Jaco Pastorius (I know, not rock but hey) and John Myung. None of these, apart from Jaco I suppose, play the instrument in such an aggressively leading way. Love it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here