Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've been gone for a while, made some changes in my style...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I rather enjoy, although I'm lost as to why?!? the need for some to simply say 'anything' rather than nothing, when clearly they have nothing of note nor import worthy of saying. Tis simply the curse of this here world.

This is not about you: it's about soul, music and rock and roll. If you don't like it, then close the door and walk away.

Kosh

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can't read Kosh without thinking of Garth Marenghi.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It seems I continue to divide some, oh well, I'll just continue to tread my path right down the middle of you all.

You fool no one.

Kosh

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Right: that's enough NSC "banter" for today, it's always a chore never... a... sigh.

Am I not popular? Oh Kosh, bless.

Kosh

Seriously (wtf?!?) I do hope some of you had a listen, these new (ahem) bands need support. The world of ROCK is in deep shit, and it's time to give some of these new sounds a chance before the era that dawned in the late 60s - early 1970s, one of seemingly divine creativity, is left in utter ruin... and all that remains is a concrete statue of "the voice" trophy.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Just time... Thanks Mellotron... I'll take that as the compliment you clearly meant. It's progress really, when you think of some of our early days "debates" - we're kind of like the Beatles in reverse. Yes it's so clear to me now! soon we'll be crooning She Loves You like some fresh faced beat combo of yore.

I can feel my hair getting shorter as I type.

Kosh

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just time... Thanks Mellotron... I'll take that as the compliment you clearly meant. It's progress really, when you think of some of our early days "debates" - we're kind of like the Beatles in reverse. Yes it's so clear to me now! soon we'll be crooning She Loves You like some fresh faced beat combo of yore.

I can feel my hair getting shorter as I type.

Kosh

I love you, Kosh.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Seriously (wtf?!?) I do hope some of you had a listen, these new (ahem) bands need support. The world of ROCK is in deep shit, and it's time to give some of these new sounds a chance before the era that dawned in the late 60s - early 1970s, one of seemingly divine creativity, is left in utter ruin... and all that remains is a concrete statue of "the voice" trophy.

Good sentiment. There are still some great bands out there but where are the Led Zepplin's, Deep Purple's etc of this era?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No: not born to follow, conform or indeed otherwise.

So the Vorlons are returning, I hope that The Shadows don't return with them.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What's just happened?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good sentiment. There are still some great bands out there but where are the Led Zepplin's, Deep Purple's etc of this era?

Also

Queens Of The Stoneage?!?!?! Far better band than DP or LZ imho...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
QOTSA are not really a "new" band now are they?!? Great band yes, but 'new' come off it! However, i agree the lack of new, new bands of their contemporary quality is likewise worrying.

Kosh

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What's just happened?

Some bloke has just come back from the dead again, happens often about this time of the year, then we forget about it again.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Right: that's enough NSC "banter" for today, it's always a chore never... a... sigh.

Am I not popular? Oh Kosh, bless.

Kosh

Kosh

I am with you, Rock is the only way to go, there are some fantastic new bands out there, so keep the faith, because Rock will not die.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I think this issue is too much, too many = dilution of fan base and as such lack of major label support. Whilst youtube etc. are doubtless great for music and new bands, there’s just so much of it out there, as a label trying to pick a winner must be harder than ever. The negative effect of downloads, streaming and the like has reduced physical profits (from album sales etc.) creating a vacuum of interest in trying to create the next Purple et al. at the top of large labels. The talent clearly remains, but I fear the days of rock Gods are going to be hard to recreate, unless a truly wondrous band appears… which I hope, nay pray! it does…

Kosh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here