Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ivan toney going to be in trouble - BANNED for 8 months to 17th Jan 2024

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I don't know why this thread is making him out to be so bad. According to SSN, he is actually quite a helful fella.

Even at Isthmian level clear messages are displayed in dressing rooms that players, management and officials are not allowed to bet on any game in a competition or league their club are affiliated to. (All EPL teams are affiliated to the EFL through the Caraboa Cup, so effectively players can’t bet on professional or higher grade non league football full stop)
Unfortunately the higher you get up the pyramid the more chance there’s going to be someone to grass you up, I would imagine this investigation puts paid to any chance he had of going to Qatar.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Even at Isthmian level clear messages are displayed in dressing rooms that players, management and officials are not allowed to bet on any game in a competition or league their club are affiliated to. (All EPL teams are affiliated to the EFL through the Caraboa Cup, so effectively players can’t bet on professional or higher grade non league football full stop)
Unfortunately the higher you get up the pyramid the more chance there’s going to be someone to grass you up, I would imagine this investigation puts paid to any chance he had of going to Qatar.
Agree re the warnings - but It’s not necessarily a case of grassing up, it’s much more sophisticated than that as the FA provides lists of all contracted staff in the pro or semi-pro game to the betting companies directly, which are then electronically screened against their active client lists for matches (one of my old work team went to work for a major online betting company after we left (to set up a compliance function for them) and we recently had a good chat about the processes).

The restrictions are comprehensive and global. I’m aware of one case of FA sanctions against an academy-level player (unpaid) for betting on a lower division Asian game.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If he has made bets on a game where he was playing, he'll be banned from all football for 2 years or so.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just a question of how long the ban will be.
Interesting that the last breach for which he has been charged is so long ago.
My guess would be an 8 to 10 match ban - around 2 months.
The good mews for Brentford is that he shouldn’t be going anywhere in the transfer window

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Trippier got 10 weeks just for telling a mate he was joining Athletico , so you’d expect at least that - if not more

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surprisingly for once, I have not just transferred him in to my Fantasy Team.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just a question of how long the ban will be.
Interesting that the last breach for which he has been charged is so long ago.
My guess would be an 8 to 10 match ban - around 2 months.
The good mews for Brentford is that he shouldn’t be going anywhere in the transfer window
Probably alerted to the investigation at that time, so stopped then (or carried on if he’s even more stupid than this makes him look, but the charge is only in relation to the period under investigation)

I guess posters like this aren’t clear enough

D2656BBA-6530-4C2D-BCF8-06DEA2A8134B.png

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Andros Townsend copped a fine and 4 month ban, although he did place far more bets than Toney.

Suspect he'll get a fine and 1 to 2 month ban if past offences are anything to go by.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here