Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ivan toney going to be in trouble - BANNED for 8 months to 17th Jan 2024

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I disagree. Sometimes I have to admit that [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] posts something, and I think 'What on earth is he on about?' but then other times he makes interesting points and is bang on the money.

Even a broken clock is correct sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
He's a worse version of Maupay, just because he did well last season, doesn't mean he's good in the prem, and this year it has shown.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Has it? Not when I have watched him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I disagree. Sometimes I have to admit that [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] posts something, and I think 'What on earth is he on about?' but then other times he makes interesting points and is bang on the money.

I agree, [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] IMO, is a well established poster, and at some point everybody joined NSC and gave an opinion on something with their first posts. As per your post sometimes I think “for goodness sake”, but still an opinion, and now and again I even agree 😃

NSC is nothing without differing views……… I still miss Ben’s Grandad every time I come on here,

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Silly but wont judge without context. He's obviously in some warm country so he could really just mean "**** Brentford" in that sense. If I go to Bahamas right now I could say "**** Sweden ".

I don’t think you’ll say that when you visit Portslade. :whistle:

Last edited:

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I'm sure this has already been said. But she is called Brentford. & I'd **** Brentford too

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Done it again - given how much Connollys comments fumes our fans, they’d be combusting if Toney played for us and came out with comments like this

[tweet]1505481963183947776[/tweet]

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Done it again - given how much Connollys comments fumes our fans, they’d be combusting if Toney played for us and came out with comments like this

[tweet]1505481963183947776[/tweet]

If Connolly had scored 11 PL goals this season he could have been heiling in front of a Palace banner and people would think "funny bloke, this lovely Aaron buddy".

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
If Connolly had scored 11 PL goals this season he could have been heiling in front of a Palace banner and people would think "funny bloke, this lovely Aaron buddy".

If Connolly had scored 11 PL goals we'd have bigger problems on our hands because it would mean The Ragged Seal would have ruptured and an army of the undead would be wreaking havoc across the globe.

So we're pretty lucky really.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
https://www.footballinsider247.com/...-united-and-brighton-target-revealed-sources/

According to above link, we and Toon are interested:shrug:

Great penalty taker!

Brilliant journalism that.

Hack needs to write an article linking a striker away from a club as that's the only way they an generate any money at all

Hack thinks up clubs who are well known for being crap in front of goal

Hack vaguely remembers us as a club with a reputation for spunking glorious scoring opportunities

Hack stops and thinks about the plausibility of us buying Toney for 0.0003 milliseconds.

Hack, thinks " ah what the hell, i'll print it anyway"

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think Toney will end up at West Ham, they desperately need themselves a proper number 9 and I think he'd suit their general work rate and playing style. Plus they'll pay him £80k a week, basic. A good £20-30k per week more than we would, at a guess - although we might get fairly close.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I think Toney will end up at West Ham, they desperately need themselves a proper number 9 and I think he'd suit their general work rate and playing style. Plus they'll pay him £80k a week, basic. A good £20-30k per week more than we would, at a guess - although we might get fairly close.

I would have thought we’d be paying £80k a week if we were to buy someone for £30m

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here