Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Itsagoal

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I'm in.

Have no idea who I am or what div i'm in.

Nemisis div 5 apparently

user name imissworthing

is it the end of season now? Not really sure what I should be doing now.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
I'm in.

Nemisis div 5 apparently

user name imissworthing

The matches start again on Monday. You'll have and extra few million to spend on transfers on Monday so get scouting!

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I'm in.

Nemisis div 5 apparently

user name imissworthing

Use the close season to get to know your players. Call them in for negotiations and see if you can lower their wages. Set them training and see who trains best. NB. They train better if they get to play matches so if they are too weak for your first team, arrange a reserve match with someone via the forums.
Day 1 of the next season is this Saturday. You will receive prize money then and any injured players will return to full health. Fatigue will be reset to 0 and all players will lose some match fitness (again, you can bring this back up with a reserve match but be aware that injuries, fatigue etc. all count in reserve matches).
At the same time you will notice a fall in your club's rating. This will return to normal after a few days. Don't worry about it, it happens to every club and does no harm to your long term plans.
Monday sees the first league match of the season and the draw takes place for round 1 of the League Cup which is played on Wednesday, however, most clubs get a bye in round 1.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
One good tip for new managers. Click buttons! Click them all and see what they do. You will find lots of little things that you can do to improve your game.
Also click on other clubs profiles. Look at their squads. See what they are paying their players, how they set up their teams etc.
Make sure that you have the best staff that you can get. You can advertise for more staff by going to Club then Staff then Staff vacancies.
Do not leave negotiations to the last minute. If you don't agree terms in time the player of staff member could leave.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
That was not the intention. This was what I said on post 1..

I would also point out that I recently started a thread about NSC, giving some free exposure right back for this site.

I can confirm this is true. Think mistahclarke was having a giggle anyway

I was having a giggle, don't you worry.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
1066 2nd could use a run out for the reserves this wednesday. Send me an invite and I'll accept.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Sorry. I don't book them too far in advance in case I have injuries, suspensions etc and have to play fringe players in the first team squad. Put an ad in the reserves forum, you're bound to find others who need the match fitness.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Apologies for the down time this morning everyone. The problem has now been fixed and we're back up and running.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What do you reckon, @BHAZiggy

World rank 754/921
Experience Beginner
Wins 18
Draws 2
Losses 2

Played 22

Not too shabby, eh?

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
That's a cracking start. See if you can keep it up whilst building at the same time. It's good to see your crowds increasing. That will help a lot.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
That's a cracking start. See if you can keep it up whilst building at the same time. It's good to see your crowds increasing. That will help a lot.

Cheers. Have two very good strikers, which is making up for my useless midfield.
Crowds have increased due to winning and cheap tickets. Horrible facilities and staff though and very little money, so will probably aim to find a new club after promotion

...any downside to that strategy?

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
None that I can think of. I moved a few time before I found a club I'm happy with. My tip for moving is always look for a Division 7 or 8 club that you can develop. The longer it takes you to climb the league, the more time you have to prepare for the Premiership which is a huge jump from other divisions. If you can find one with a couple of young potential superstars, you have your stadium building money immediately. It is a great way to give yourself a boost to begin with and it is easy to grow a club after that.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
IMG_2462.PNGIMG_2463.PNGIMG_2464.PNG

doing okay at itsagoal.

satisfying and obviously accurate reflection of last years season in some iphone app game above though

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
:bounce: sorry for bouncing this, subscribers have dropped off a bit, what better way to waste some time over the festive hols, get away from the wife, kids, in laws....sign up now still time to make an impact on this seasons campaign.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Since starting, back to back promotions, with this record:
World rank 383/880
Experience Semi-Pro
Wins 87
Draws 5
Losses 14
Played 106

Now in the Championship. Constantly in debt though. Could use a cash injection.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here