Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Itsagoal

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
'fakeslim'
I seem to have joined at a relatively high level but have hopeless players, aside from a stunning striker.
unfortunately for you, that club looks like it's been poorly managed before you. The stadium is not big but there are many much smaller. Your ticket prices are set too high. I recommend small reductions until you begin to fill it. Some plays could improve with training too. I advise that you bring them in for negotiations. You can do this as many times as you like and just because they ask for a certain amount doesn't mean that you have to give it to them.
Goalkeeper, Agustin Rivera looks like he has potential too. have a good look and see if you can work out how I know. ;)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
unfortunately for you, that club looks like it's been poorly managed before you. The stadium is not big but there are many much smaller. Your ticket prices are set too high. I recommend small reductions until you begin to fill it. Some plays could improve with training too. I advise that you bring them in for negotiations. You can do this as many times as you like and just because they ask for a certain amount doesn't mean that you have to give it to them.
Goalkeeper, Agustin Rivera looks like he has potential too. have a good look and see if you can work out how I know. ;)

We're only getting attendances of 2,500 so stadium size doesn't seem an issue at present. I changed the ticket price from 25 to 22. Is that low enough?
What's good about bringing people in for negotiations? Their contracts seem pretty long to me.
Oh and Rivera looks awful! Are you basing it on his ridiculously high wage vs lack of skills?

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
We're only getting attendances of 2,500 so stadium size doesn't seem an issue at present. I changed the ticket price from 25 to 22. Is that low enough?
What's good about bringing people in for negotiations? Their contracts seem pretty long to me.
Oh and Rivera looks awful! Are you basing it on his ridiculously high wage vs lack of skills?
I tend to lower by 1 at a time. That should bring a few more fans in and increase your income. The fans like to se a winning team though.
You should get Riviera's wages down much lower considering his rating. But that is how he is rated now. get him on a low wage and long contract and see how high you can train him. Seriously. look again, he has real potential. He could do well on the transfer market.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
His fixed attributes are high, this is the main indicator of how high he could train to. Jung is another player you'll want to keep hold of.

Good luck with the game, and stick with it.....the longer you play the better it gets!

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Thank you both. Very useful to know that fixed attributes are key.
No problem. You've joined 3/4 of the way through the season (every season lasts 70 days) so you'll get a nice little cash boost at the end of the season.....spend it wisely.

nffc1976

Mar 19, 2013
so this is where the Brighton IAG'ers hang out...i might have to mention this on the LTLF Forest forum.. get some competition going :)

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
is that the game where your players can go drinking and gambling?

No, but going by some of my results lately, it wouldn't surprise me if they were doing that behind my back!

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
so this is where the Brighton IAG'ers hang out...i might have to mention this on the LTLF Forest forum.. get some competition going :)
You visiting the Amex this season?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Beaten by a French campsite's 2nd team eh! Things can only get better.

:)

I understand the logic, but being unable to transfer players is infuriating. Write this season off and hope for a better campaign next time.
I take it that you're 'any good' then?

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
I understand the logic, but being unable to transfer players is infuriating. Write this season off and hope for a better campaign next time.
No I'm not any good in every sense of the phrase. I've sent you a pm (on IAG), and you're right about the transfer thing. I think many people give up because of that.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I started off with a 2-2 draw, saved in the 94th minute by a striker who seems to have languished in the reserves all season. Have kept same formation for next game, just rotating some players around. Only 5 games to go and very definitely mid table respectability is the best I can hope for this season. Time to experiment and see what happens.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
It used to be much longer but the embargo was recently reduced. This is in place for your own benefit. There are 2 main reasons.
1. If you don't understand how players are able to improve, you are at risk of losing potential valuable players to unscrupulous managers offering way below market value. It gives you time to learn player values and identify those who could be potentially better than they at first seem.
2. The admin staff need time to catch the cheats who attempt to make multiple account and transfer players between them for huge sums of money. Catching these cheats before they get started keeps the game fair for everyone.

My advice is to use this time to get to know your players. Try to identify those who could train up to be much better and keep negotiating with players. You are not limited to the number of times you can call them in. You'd be surprised how much you can shave off of your running costs this way.
Also keep a close eye on your ticket prices. This is your biggest source of income. Lowering prices can often lead to more money. Also, you can look forward to a bonus in 10 days time. League prize money (which include sponsorship cash) gets paid on Day 1 of a new season so you've actually joined at a good time financially because you get money in the bank from the reset followed quickly by prize money. For this reason, anyone else thinking of giving the game a go would benefit from joining up with the next 9 days.

Congratulations on your first league win, by the way.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Cool. I hope you enjoy it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here