Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] It’s Only The Fans That Are Loyal

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's a blindingly obvious statement and has been true for many years, maybe always. Give grateful thanks that Tony Bloom is a Brighton fan first and a very rich businessman second
Very disappointed with Judas Saltor but I'm trying to move on in the hope of doing the double over Chelsea and finishing above them this season.

"Judas Saltor" probably lives closer to the AMEX than you do (Vilamoura, Portugal). How come you don't live near Brighton if you expect others to stay there forever?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Absolutely, BUT, fans are only loyal to the club itself and show little loyalty to staff and players or even owners for that matter if expectations are not met. When players or managers go who are doing well we are up in arms at the betrayal, but managers and players sacked or we let go we're more than happy to wave them out of the door.

Look at the disquiet this summer at us not spending more. We're a demanding bunch at the end of the day.

Fans are loyal to their clubs.

To the players, owners and managers of the clubs? No chance. But still fans expect the players, owners and managers to be loyal to not only the club but also to them.

These.

It's an important distinction, I think.

We as fan love the club. The definition of the club is quite nebulous though, almost ship of Theseus like.

A player that is playing well and is integral to our team's success is lionised and idolised. If he suffers a loss of form and becomes an anchor on our progress we'll want him out of the team and happily have him out of the club.

So we're loyal to the club but only temporarily to those that make up the club in a practical sense. Players, managers, owners, even grounds come and go so what's left is the fans. We are the heart and soul of the club. The bricks and mortar, the players and staff are the corporeal body of the club.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I`m loyal Brighton fan.......However if I was offered twelve million pounds a year to become Chelsea fan ................ tempting !!

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
It's Bruno who has broken my heart and my faith in human character. ( Ben Roberts as well, a little ).
Of all the people in the world I would have thought would have turned down the temptation of even bigger money it was Bruno. He was revered in Brighton. His family is completely settled here. He seemed the sort of person to understand that when it comes to money, enough is a feast.

I now know that absolutely everyone has a price at which they can be bought.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It's Bruno who has broken my heart and my faith in human character. ( Ben Roberts as well, a little ).
Of all the people in the world I would have thought would have turned down the temptation of even bigger money it was Bruno. He was revered in Brighton. His family is completely settled here. He seemed the sort of person to understand that when it comes to money, enough is a feast.

I now know that absolutely everyone has a price at which they can be bought.

Survival of the fattest I'm afraid.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
"It’s Only The Fans That Are Loyal" - that is such a bloody obvious statement and doesn't even need saying. Let's start a thread "Everybody needs a shit every now and then".

100%. Absolutely shocking performance by the OP, spouted as though it was some incredible revelation he’d experienced. In addition, there ain’t that much loyalty amongst our fans, hundreds on the train home with 10 minutes left to play, thousands gone as GP clapped empty seats at full time. No wonder he scarpered to Chelsea.

:)

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I consider myself to be a very loyal fan of BHA, but if someone offered me £60M to go a support Crystal Palace for 5 years, I think I probably would.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Where I now live has absolutely **** all to do with my loyalty to the club, you troll.

Disagree. If you're "once a seagull, always a seagull" you have to stay with the club forever, or so I've heard, meaning moving to another country is obviously a no-go :shrug:

Moving perhaps was good for your career or your life, but you can't prioritise those things if you're "always a seagull". Or so I've heard.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Have you only just realised that all the badge kissing in the world means nothing when push comes to shove...

Besides which, I am sure there are many second teamers among The Albion fans, some may even be Chelsea fans!

Some players are more loyal than others. Namely, Dunk, Knockaert etc

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Disagree. If you're "once a seagull, always a seagull" you have to stay with the club forever, or so I've heard, meaning moving to another country is obviously a no-go :shrug:

Moving perhaps was good for your career or your life, but you can't prioritise those things if you're "always a seagull". Or so I've heard.

Stop trolling. Last warning.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

I am a lifelong fan of the club. I am still a fan of the club. I have not switched allegiance to Chelsea, Swansea or Ostersunds and I never will. I am a Seagull forever Disagree all you want. You are behaving like an internet troll.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I am a lifelong fan of the club. I am still a fan of the club. I have not switched allegiance to Chelsea, Swansea or Ostersunds and I never will. I am a Seagull forever Disagree all you want. You are behaving like an internet troll.

Don't pay any attention to that guy. It's always just about him. Engaging him just fills his empty days. This is a guy with a perfectly functional asperational football club just down the road from his mum's basement. Why he doesn't bless THEM with his godlike football big brain genius is a matter for him and his therapist. Guy could really do with a permanent ban from here. Partially for our sakes, but mainly for his sake. Guy needs professional help

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Stop trolling. Last warning.

I'm not trolling - I'm urging you to demand from people (like Bruno) what you fail to live up to yourselves.

People demand that Bruno stay in Brighton forever regardless of what is best for his career and his life yet if they get a good job offer in Taiwan or something, they're off as soon as they can rather than take a job as a street sweeper in Brighton so they can stay close to the club forever.

The only reason why you consider it "trolling" is because you are who you are - someone making excuses on behalf of someone putting up hateful notes against other people because they're not living up to the standards you've not lived up to yourself.

If pointing out the absurd level of hypocrisy is a banable offense, then go for it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Don't pay any attention to that guy. It's always just about him. Engaging him just fills his empty days. This is a guy with a perfectly functional asperational football club just down the road from his mum's basement. Why he doesn't bless THEM with his godlike football big brain genius is a matter for him and his therapist. Guy could really do with a permanent ban from here. Partially for our sakes, but mainly for his sake. Guy needs professional help

Coming from the right guy, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here