NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
And MP's drinks are subsidised as well

10.12.13 002.JPG

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't think that is true. People are more connected than ever, and the universal distrust of government is higher than ever, this coupled with a growing awareness of corporate corruption and exploitation is leading to people wanting drastic change.

People are already desperate and struggling to make ends meet - they don't need to be starving before they are willing to fight against this inequality.

Many people are unaware that Iceland recently had a revolution, by nationalising the main bank, prosecuting the criminal bankers, forcing the government into resignation, writing a new constitution so it can never happen again , and improving their democracy so that regular people are in government rather than career politicians with corporate interests. This is something that we and the rest of the world should emulate.

It will never happen in this counrty, it's not in our mentality. Since the financial crisis most people have had to tighten their belts a bit, that is all. Most people are still working, unemployment didn't rise massively.

When is this revolution going to happen? It's not going to be in working hours because the vast majority are turning up to their jobs and trying to look after themselves. Humans are animals of habit, as long as the majority of the population can put food on the table, have a roof over their head and afford to watch TV/go on the internet/drink a bottle of wine every night there won't be any changes. Most people in the UK aren't desperate, not even close. There's been mass protest in Brazil where there really are lots of desperate people, but whether it will achieve anything remains to be seen.

As a nation the majority are content to sit in their warm houses and moan about the Tories/Bankers/Royals without doing anything about it. Collectively we will put up with being marginally poorer as long as we don't lose our homes or jobs, that is what the evidence suggests. If something happens I'll happily admit I'm wrong, I'm not holding my breath though.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Interesting.

At the last general election Cameron and his cheif political strategist, Osborne, failed to beat a very unpopular prime minister. No Prime Minister, including the hallowed Margaret, has increased their share of the vote as an incumbant. So given that they couldnt get enough people to vote for them last time, they dont stand an earthlys next time, after which people will have had 5 years of pay freezes and cuts, high inflation, high youth unemployment, being shafted by the utility companies and the little bubble of 'good news' fuelled by low interest rates and a mickey mouse policy to get people to buy houses that they cant afford will have well and truly burst.

Added to which the gin sodden, tweed wearing nutters in the Shires will be voting UKIP because Cameron and Clegg have done stupid things like support gay marriage, the Lib Dems will be deserting their usual also rans for Labour because theyve stood by and watched whilst policies such as the bedroom tax have raped the poor and what do you have?

A general election that could well see a deadbeat shadow chancellor get the keys to number 11.

Sadly,you may be right about the election and what a sad day that will be for the prospects of the British taxpayers.
A party with no financial policies at all, besides bashing business and throwing taxpayers money at whatever the latest problem is perceived to be.
Milliband and Balls...........what a nightmare team.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just out of interest, what media outlets would you turn to with confidence that you are getting a balanced view?

But the balance changes dependent on who is on each end of the see-saw :wink:

(I suspect Tony Meolas Loan Spell is a big 'un)

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The huge disparity between rich and poor to be greatly reduced. 99% versus the 1% needs to end. The wealthiest people should be the hardest workers and those who give the most back to society - not those who exploit and corrupt this capitalist system. There is an ever growing underclass and the middle classes are being sucked into it, as we all continue to serve the rich elite.

Well,for a start,the top 1% of earners already pay 30% of ALL the income tax in this country!......and I dare say they give most to charity as well.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This thread is somewhat embarrassing.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Interesting.

At the last general election Cameron and his cheif political strategist, Osborne, failed to beat a very unpopular prime minister. No Prime Minister, including the hallowed Margaret, has increased their share of the vote as an incumbant. So given that they couldnt get enough people to vote for them last time, they dont stand an earthlys next time, after which people will have had 5 years of pay freezes and cuts, high inflation, high youth unemployment, being shafted by the utility companies and the little bubble of 'good news' fuelled by low interest rates and a mickey mouse policy to get people to buy houses that they cant afford will have well and truly burst.

Added to which the gin sodden, tweed wearing nutters in the Shires will be voting UKIP because Cameron and Clegg have done stupid things like support gay marriage, the Lib Dems will be deserting their usual also rans for Labour because theyve stood by and watched whilst policies such as the bedroom tax have raped the poor and what do you have?

A general election that could well see a deadbeat shadow chancellor get the keys to number 11.
You obviously didn't work through the the 70s with the 3 day weeks,rubbish all over the streets,the dead left unburied...and the Labour supporting unions destroying the very fabric of life...where you could'nt get a manual job unless you joined the union...and if found without a union card you were soon on your way.
I'll give you a forecast now...European elections next May...UKIP will get the largest vote...come to the General Election the Tories will scrape in...how can this country go back to Labour who put us massively in debt...almost bankrupt...sold some of our gold reserves at the lowest price ever to spend on the welfare state..a very short sighted policy...spend,borrow,spend,borrow...is that the country you really want?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I started drinking under the Thatcher and Major. I refined my tastes under Blair and hit the bottle under Brown. I'm still supping as much under Cameron.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I started drinking under the Thatcher and Major. I refined my tastes under Blair and hit the bottle under Brown. I'm still supping as much under Cameron.

Blimey. It's almost like you're getting older with more disposable income. Just don't go putting a strain on the NHS by getting ill or anything.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why do we drink so much?

We spend most of our days travelling or trying to make money for someone else. It is a release, a depressant, but a release of the mundane trudge of trying to afford an overpriced house.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You obviously didn't work through the the 70s with the 3 day weeks,rubbish all over the streets,the dead left unburied...and the Labour supporting unions destroying the very fabric of life...where you could'nt get a manual job unless you joined the union...and if found without a union card you were soon on your way.
I'll give you a forecast now...European elections next May...UKIP will get the largest vote...come to the General Election the Tories will scrape in...how can this country go back to Labour who put us massively in debt...almost bankrupt...sold some of our gold reserves at the lowest price ever to spend on the welfare state..a very short sighted policy...spend,borrow,spend,borrow...is that the country you really want?

Thumbing through the thread I was wondering when the post going back 30 years or so would appear, and bingo there it is.
All I will say is that Labour happened to be in power when a worldwide recession caused by the banks and starting in the US crippled us and many others. Surely you know that but the Tories say it was all Labours fault and folk like you believe them.
Please dont reply accusing me of being red, I hate them all. Labour had there problems, Brown was a nightmare but the kindest thing to do would be to put Cameron and Osbourn against a wall and shoot them.As a previous poster said, they could not even win against Brown and Co, not a chance at the next election, but the alternative is almost as frightening, what a mess we are in.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As a nation the majority are content to sit in their warm houses and moan about the Tories/Bankers/Royals without doing anything about it. Collectively we will put up with being marginally poorer as long as we don't lose our homes or jobs, that is what the evidence suggests. If something happens I'll happily admit I'm wrong, I'm not holding my breath though.

you're not wrong, and truth is many had a harder time in the early 90's, and those with longer memories of the 70's will wonder what all the fuss is about. there's an irony for me that those complaining the loudest against capitialism, are calling for everyone to be able to enjoy the fruits of the same. people are complaining that they cant go on holiday this year or have to cut back to a new car every 3 years rather than 1. not really that hard is it? sure theres real poverty, but thats largely people in the same state for the past decade, the "underclass" didnt get invented in 2010. but you know what, surely a few years, even longer, of being more reserved with our spending and slowing down would be good long term?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
People are asking for a fairer deal. Why should a tobacco picker have a baby in the field and struggle to give that baby nourishment, when she is just as important as an executive in the offices of Benson and Hedges?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

As opposed to Maggie who sold off all the family silver to buy votes to stay in power ? Remember that when you are on your French train going to work to pay the Germans for your electricity and the French for your water.....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If Cameron and the bunch of vultures he has employed to peck the eyes of the poor out get re-elected I will personally go to No.10, rip his black heart out and eat it in front of his wife and kids.

What I'm saying is, I've got it covered. Foolproof.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here