Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's Murray v Djokovic.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Choking is when you give up.When you don't fight like a Connors.True champions fight.If you are still beaten by the better player than fine but he doesn't have the stomach for wars.Try not to show your obvious ignorance by insulting those who do not agree with your point of view.

:lolol:

My "obvious ignorance."

And then you state that Murray gives up, and doesn't "have the stomach for wars." This about one of the greatest 'triers' in sport.

As I said, utter crap.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
You do spout some utter crap.

He does not 'choke' in Finals. He has to play Djokovik, one of the greatest players the world has ever seen. To lose to him is not 'choking', it's not being quite as good a player as your opponent.

To have won two Grand Slams against him is an absolutely incredible achievement, unprecedented by any British person in the modern game.

And his personality? He's alright. A dry and self-deprecating sense of humour. No Ali, but frankly, so what?

Ali was sh!t at tennis apparently.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Whatever happens, the fact remains that he is the best British Tennis player anyone on NSC has ever seen :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Choking is when you give up.When you don't fight like a Connors.True champions fight.If you are still beaten by the better player than fine but he doesn't have the stomach for wars.
His first GS was a 5 setter against Djokovik. Despite losing the 3rd and 4th set he didn't give up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Choking is when you give up.When you don't fight like a Connors.True champions fight.If you are still beaten by the better player than fine but he doesn't have the stomach for wars.Try not to show your obvious ignorance by insulting those who do not agree with your point of view.
The old act like a clueless tosser and then grizzle when people react annoyed at your nonsense routine.

Face it, you're a bit of an idiot if you think Murray is a bottler or not a champion. He's won two grand slams and an Olympic title, you moron. He's just not quite as good as two of the best tennis players who have ever played the game in Djok and Federer.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton

Murray fights just like Connors. He has made many similar comebacks in a match.

Connors lost 7 Grand Slam finals by the way

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Murray fights just like Connors. He has made many similar comebacks in a match.

Connors lost 7 Grand Slam finals by the way

In fact if we use your logic, Jimmy Connors was the greatest choker of them all, losing 16 Grand Slam semi finals.

And I think Jimmy was a wonderful player.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
In fact if we use your logic, Jimmy Connors was the greatest choker of them all, losing 16 Grand Slam semi finals.

And I think Jimmy was a wonderful player.

I wouldn't bother blinding him with something as ridiculous as a sensible argument backed up by facts.

He'll call you 'ignorant'.

He really is an arse.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I'd like to see Murray win it

as the french think the english,scots,welsh & irish are all one of the same

it will piss them off,if nothing else :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

How many French Open finals did Connors get to? He was a superb champion, but to say Murray choked when he's had some of the truly great come backs in tennis being 2 sets down. Being outplayed is different from choking. Borg took Connors apart in some of their finals, 6-2, 6-2, 6-3 in '78 - did he choke? Of course not Borg was unplayable. And not forgetting McEnroe beat him 6-1,6-1,6-2 in '84. I could go on but you've got your delusion...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here