Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's Murray v Djokovic.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The man is totally devoid of any personality and I was surprised to hear on the radio last week how his female trainer left because he would kept abusing her during games.

Yep, it's all about 'personality'. If only he was a good after dinner speaker rather than ranked #2 in the world (a position he first achieved 7 years ago). THEN he'd have achieved something.

I hope we sign a forward who's good at making balloon animals and tells a good joke, couldn't give a toss about their ability and dedication.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm 48. Before Murray, only two british male tennis players had made it to a grand slam final in my lifetime.
Both lost in the final.

Murray has won 2 grand Slams. Appeared in another 7 finals. Won Olympic gold. And won the ****ing Davis cup.

The term Legend does does not begin to do him justice. IMO

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Since the introduction of the ATP world tour (1990) Murray lies behind Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Sampras and Agassi.

.....the first 3 being at their peak during his career, I'd say that's pretty impressive.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Most sportsmen are devoid of personality.
Which ones of the great tennis players of all time would you rate as having a sparkling personality.
Federer? Lendl? Sampras? Borg?
Let's face it McEnroe was the exception not the rule.

My God none of them were as bland,dour and downright miserable as Murray and I'd even say that for Lendl.All had charisma and I'm not aware of them abusing a female coach.By the way he's Scottish.I think I mentioned it.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
My God none of them were as bland,dour and downright miserable as Murray and I'd even say that for Lendl.All had charisma and I'm not aware of them abusing a female coach.By the way he's Scottish.I think I mentioned it.
Sampras is undoubtedly the dullest man to ever pick up a racquet. The dullest tennis player too. Nearly killed the game as a spectator sport.

You are clearly trolling and managed to picked up a few.
Hope you are enjoying yourself.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Might be a bit unfair to accuse Murray of "choking" repeatedly in finals.

Djokovic, Federer before him and- on clay at least until recently- Nadal were absolute top class players. Murray is, by anyone's standards, brilliant, but maybe 1% or 2% less than the others. For him to beat them, he has to be at 100% and they have to be at 95% or so, which, being absolute top class players, they generally reach and exceed.

Perhaps it's not a case of him choking, but just coming up against better players who would probably have given any champions in history a game?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Only an idiot would say Murray isn't a champion. How many tennis players win grand slams!? He's played in an era of arguably the greatest players to have ever held a racket and he's made multiple finals winning 2 grand slams - an incredible achievement.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Andy Murray I arguably the greatest ever British tennis player. His achievements are massive one of an elite group of ten players to reach he final of all four slams makes him a legend of the sport.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Wow all of 2 slams.Amazing.The Murray I know usually chokes in finals and he will choke in this one ****.

You do spout some utter crap.

He does not 'choke' in Finals. He has to play Djokovik, one of the greatest players the world has ever seen. To lose to him is not 'choking', it's not being quite as good a player as your opponent.

To have won two Grand Slams against him is an absolutely incredible achievement, unprecedented by any British person in the modern game.

And his personality? He's alright. A dry and self-deprecating sense of humour. No Ali, but frankly, so what?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Andy Murray I arguably the greatest ever British tennis player.
It's just a shame that's the equivalent of being Snow White's tallest dwarf.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
You do spout some utter crap.

He does not 'choke' in Finals. He has to play Djokovik, one of the greatest players the world has ever seen. To lose to him is not 'choking', it's not being quite as good a player as your opponent.

To have won two Grand Slams against him is an absolutely incredible achievement, unprecedented by any British person in the modern game.

And his personality? He's alright. A dry and self-deprecating sense of humour. No Ali, but frankly, so what?

Choking is when you give up.When you don't fight like a Connors.True champions fight.If you are still beaten by the better player than fine but he doesn't have the stomach for wars.Try not to show your obvious ignorance by insulting those who do not agree with your point of view.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Yes I want Knockaert to discuss Flemish art and Kayal to be an expert on Islamic architecture. Hell we don't want sportsmen who win and can't talk nicely.

Yet possibly the most loved sportsman of all time,Ali,was loved more for his personality than his boxing.

Personalities sell.Tyson sold.What you said is a little silly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here