Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] It's just too small

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
There’s nothing worse than it being raw at the end.

I look at Elon Musk and his attempts to reach and settle Mars, and then I look at our inability to design toasters that fit standard white sliced bread in, and I wonder.
In order to conserve energy on a trip to Mars, NASA/Musk will design a toaster that toasts all of the bread at once (without blowing up the spaceship obviously)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
There’s nothing worse than it being raw at the end.

I look at Elon Musk and his attempts to reach and settle Mars, and then I look at our inability to design toasters that fit standard white sliced bread in, and I wonder.
I went into town to get my loaf of raw toast this morning. The stuff I got is round, a bit of a moving target.

There's always the grill.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
There will be a few of us on here that will be smugly reading this thread, and the woes that people have with lesser toasters.
A few of us will have had the good sense to buy a proper toaster, a Dualit.
Perfect toast, every time.

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Cut the slice almost diagonally , the two 'triangles' load slightly apart and fit in ...
Note - they are not true triangles but I can't think of the correct word 😔

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Lead singer is Paul Young. There's a fact you didn't care about.
As for the toast, I turn it over halfway through. But that cutting it diagonally idea seems good and will try it tonight for my beans on toast.
Yeh Paul Young, a great singer.
I met him once in the old Virgin record store in Watford.
He also used to record some of his stuff out of a studio in Catsfield, East Sussex.

Mmmmmmmm beans on toast with loads of black pepper :drool:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yeh Paul Young, a great singer.
I met him once in the old Virgin record store in Watford.
He also used to record some of his stuff out of a studio in Catsfield, East Sussex.

Mmmmmmmm beans on toast with loads of black pepper :drool:
Black pepper, never tried that. 3 slices of toast, full tin of beans and grated cheese for me.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Y
Black pepper, never tried that. 3 slices of toast, full tin of beans and grated cheese for me.
You should try cheese on toast, with either marmite or pickle / chutney under the cheese.

Info on PY.....

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
There will be a few of us on here that will be smugly reading this thread, and the woes that people have with lesser toasters.
A few of us will have had the good sense to buy a proper toaster, a Dualit.
Perfect toast, every time.
So which one would you suggest? And how many kidneys would I have to sell to afford one?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Maybe its not 'too small' but that what you're trying to push into the slot is too big :blush:

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
So which one would you suggest? And how many kidneys would I have to sell to afford one?
Both, probably.
I was lucky enough to get mine at a car boot sale for 3 quid. I'd never heard of Dualit before, but loved the look of it, so bought it. The quality of the toast was immediately obvious.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Lead singer is Paul Young. There's a fact you didn't care about.
As for the toast, I turn it over halfway through. But that cutting it diagonally idea seems good and will try it tonight for my beans on toast.
Co written by guityarist Roger Kelly, who still plays, teaches and resides in Worthing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here