Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] It's just too small

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Anyone else having this issue? always end up with an untoasted bit at the end....

PXL_20230520_083618104.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think, unusually, that the poster has a good point. Most toasters on the market today have this design fault. Lots of reviews complain as much.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Unless anyone here can recommend a toaster that can actually toast a whole slice of toast?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There are quite a few available that toast the whole thing. Or grill it?

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Anyone else having this issue? always end up with an untoasted bit at the end....

View attachment 161071

There’s nothing worse than it being raw at the end.

I look at Elon Musk and his attempts to reach and settle Mars, and then I look at our inability to design toasters that fit standard white sliced bread in, and I wonder.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I think, unusually, that the poster has a good point. Most toasters on the market today have this design fault. Lots of reviews complain as much.
Oh NSCers - just can’t see the sunny side of life - the untoasted bit provides a ‘handle’ to pull the toast out of the toaster when done so you don’t burn your fingers of course

(it also prevents idiots like me getting electrocuted when I stick a knife into the toaster to remove the toast 😁)

What a great bread topic this is …

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Yeah, Sainsburys slices are too long to fit on their side, so the end doesn’t get a tan.

I blame the conversion from Imperial to Metric.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
There’s nothing worse than it being raw at the end.

I look at Elon Musk and his attempts to reach and settle Mars, and then I look at our inability to design toasters that fit standard white sliced bread in, and I wonder.
Do you realise that we put men on the moon before we put wheels on suitcases?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here