Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's in our hands...

ohdezerbi

Apr 30, 2023
Tomorrow has to be in the top 5 biggest games in our history in terms of what's at stake. Hopefully we can create a Sheffield Wednesday play off semi atmosphere (championship 2016) and we aren't too nervy.
Crunch game...and I have to be at my daughter's baby shower that starts at 2pm.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's always been in our hands.

Historically we to have a tendancy to juggle with bone china, but I think tomorrow will be a business like occasion.

At least I bloody well hope so! 😬

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It’s my birthday tomorrow so I consider it absolutely nailed on for an enormous victory
Me too 😁

(I’ve treated myself to a signed Buonanotte shirt )

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yes is is. But I wouldnt fancy to get much from the City or Villa game. So although in our hands, there's still ample room to f*** it up.
And a friend just gave me a very interesting but also pretty alarming stat.

Since 2012 odd in our league games, the home side has never won!

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
My incredible dad, a lifelong Albion fan and a true Brightonian, passed away this week. I guarantee he wont be going through either 'gate' until he sees the outcome of this most remarkable of seasons.
Win tomorrow and he can move on with a smile on his face - lose and he'll have to put it on hold, until the last day.
What a position to be in, eh?
As an aside, I would like to offer my utmost thanks to @Lenny Rider and his son, Sam, for helping me through a very difficult time and with arrangements.
Massive kudos to you both, for that. :cool:

UTA x
So sorry for your loss, I'm sure he'll be going to a better place with a "massive" smile on his face looking over his shoulder and saying, enjoy your European experience.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I’m not gonna lie, I can’t stop thinking back to the Bristol City game when it was in our hands to win the Championship title - and we all know what happened that day, against a team down the bottom end of the table. I’m a bloody nervous wreck ! :lolol:
Big “but”…. This week, I doubt the team will have been on the beers for the past 5 days!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
The next 3 games will be season defining.
But if we win tomorrow, can we not just play the reserves for the last two games? There’s always some player somewhere who suffers an awful knee injury in the last game of the season. I’d rather it wasn’t one of our lot just now.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
But if we win tomorrow, can we not just play the reserves for the last two games? There’s always some player somewhere who suffers an awful knee injury in the last game of the season. I’d rather it wasn’t one of our lot just now.
I think Spurs might kick off if we did v Villa and they still had a European shout..... but then again after the disgusting travesty at Spurs, maybe we should put crofts in MF, Dunk in goal and Jason Steele up front!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Spurs might kick off if we did v Villa and they still had a European shout..... but then again after the disgusting travesty at Spurs, maybe we should put crofts in MF, Dunk in goal and Jason Steele up front!
We'd probably screw them up more by making them qualify for the Conference League.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looking at the Villa forum some of them say they would prefer the conference league instead of Europa because 'they'd be the favourites to win the conference league next season'.
They get a pass from me, what with them being favourites for relegation for much of this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here