Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It’s amazing how well results have gone our way

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But....but.....but................. the media keeps telling us we're the only team in the whole world that hasn't won a match in the whole of 2020 (up until the recent win against Arse) - even in the commmentary on Watford-Southampton today, the Sky commentator couldn't stop himself reminding the world that Brighton were still very much in the mix (whatever relevance that has to Watford v. Southampton anyway).

Actually, IIRC, we drew most of them.................................

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think we’ve done very well, and it IS amazing how poorly everyone else has done. But it’s only approx a third of the way through re-start. And we’ve won ONE game. Just one victory by any of the others can make a significant difference. Things could change quite a bit over the next ten days or so.
The teams below are running out of road quickly.

Norwich 12 points behind, 7 games to play
Villa 6 behind, 6 to play
Bournemouth 6 behind, 7 to play
West Ham 6 behind, 7 to play
Watford 5 behind, 6 to play.

None of those teams have scored points at over 1 point per game this season.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
After besting West Ham, Bournemouth and Villa within a week we probably owe our friends at Wolverhampton a pint.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The teams below are running out of road quickly.

Norwich 12 points behind, 7 games to play
Villa 6 behind, 6 to play
Bournemouth 6 behind, 7 to play
West Ham 6 behind, 7 to play
Watford 5 behind, 6 to play.

None of those teams have scored points at over 1 point per game this season.

Villa, Bournemouth and West Ham are effectively 7 points behind due to goal difference. That means 3 games need to get ahead of us. It also means two of those three teams need to get ahead of us for us to drop into the bottom 3 (assuming Watford get more than us which is unlikely).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Villa, Bournemouth and West Ham are effectively 7 points behind due to goal difference. That means 3 games need to get ahead of us. It also means two of those three teams need to get ahead of us for us to drop into the bottom 3 (assuming Watford get more than us which is unlikely).

Once again, can we please refrain from positive talk around goal difference until after, United, City & Liverpool.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

That's the thing. I could easily see one or even two of the teams below putting a run together and getting past us. Three teams doing that seems a lot more unlikely

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
After besting West Ham, Bournemouth and Villa within a week we probably owe our friends at Wolverhampton a pint.

And just before lockdown we went up there and got a point. Perhaps that’s the difference between the 4 teams.

On the confidence barometer we must be at about 55% with those below us at under 20%.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think all the relegation candidates have made an assumption we will be soundly thrashed by United, Liverpool and Citeh.....

We will find our shortly if they are right

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This thread may or may not get deleted in 48hrs . . . .

Losing by a few goals against mega spending ManU is quite likely, and wouldn’t detract from our 4 unlikely points, whilst the other 5 clubs crashed and burned in all their games.

They’d give anything for 33 points and to reverse their hellish form.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Cast your mind back to our relegations you can’t buy a win, you think let’s just win this one and things will look better it never happens. We will be fine.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think all the relegation candidates have made an assumption we will be soundly thrashed by United, Liverpool and Citeh.....

We may do but in the middle of that is our trip to Norwich. Also, the week we play Norwich, Villa play Liverpool, Bournemouth play Utd and Watford play Chelsea! West Ham are away at Newcastle which won't be easy.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing

I’d give us a decent chance against Utd. Liverpool may already be on the beach having been confirmed champions and City will be more interested in the Cups so, who knows!?

Given that I expected little against Arsenal and Leicester that’s really optimistic for me......

Seems the break has done great things for us and the reverse for the other relegation candidates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I’d give us a decent chance against Utd. Liverpool may already be on the beach having been confirmed champions and City will be more interested in the Cups so, who knows!?

This will also be true when our relgation rivals play them:shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Given that I expected little against Arsenal and Leicester that’s really optimistic for me......

Seems the break has done great things for us and the reverse for the other relegation candidates!

Pep publicly saying focus is on the cups now.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here