[Albion] It’s amazing how well results have gone our way

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is. It is also funny. Statistically we should not have more points than the teams below us combined. Obviously its lovely we do. Is it bottle, poor preparation, being shite or what?

Hasn’t Graham Potter studied psychology or similar? He certainly has the team believing in themselves.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So we only need two points then?

According to Iwelumo post match today when discussing Watford, he said 7 points in their winnable three matches will see them safe. Putting them on 35.

Will the cut-off really be as low as 34 against 35 points?

I think it’ll be lower. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 33 points we have now is enough. Looking at the fixtures, I can see how Watford and West Ham could get 7-8 points from their final 6-7 games respectively, but I wouldn’t back either Villa or Bournemouth to get 6 points.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Project Restart has all turned out rather lovely.

I'll suggest the bottom 5 would be a little more animated through these fixtures, without the break, as they would have had 15th well within their sights.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I had Bournemouth to get a possible 8pts.
Not impossible but that’s what I saw as a maximum figure from their remaining fixtures.
So we need a further 2pts.
35pts should be enough in my opinion

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not impossible but that’s what I saw as a maximum figure from their remaining fixtures.

Have you watched them? Who on earth are they getting 8pts from!?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Hopefully the team can now do a little better than just scrape through.

It would be nice to start next season (in a couple of weeks) something other than 'favourites for relegation'.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Project Restart has all turned out rather lovely.

It's a terrific concept and should be instituted every year at the first sign that our form has gone down the shitter.

In fact, Project Restart is very similar to what I used to do as a kid when I played Subbuteo against myself and my favourite team was getting hammered.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hasn’t Graham Potter studied psychology or similar? He certainly has the team believing in themselves.

After the break for sure. The break may just have saved us although the point away at Wolves may have been a sign we were turning a corner...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's a terrific concept and should be instituted every year at the first sign that our form has gone down the shitter.

In fact, Project Restart is very similar to what I used to do as a kid when I played Subbuteo against myself and my favourite team was getting hammered.

I understand entirely and it wasn't just just Subbuteo that this was easily done on and for the better. On the Amiga on Premier Manager 2 I seem to recall and latterly on Sensible World of Soccer too, promotion after promotion occurred after questionable starts and transfer signings and a simple restart of the season.

Give me Brighton & Hove Albion on The Amiga and to this day I will give you promotion.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So we only need two points then?

According to Iwelumo post match today when discussing Watford, he said 7 points in their winnable three matches will see them safe. Putting them on 35.

Will the cut-off really be as low as 34 against 35 points?
I'm very optimistic about how low our survival target actually is, but I think 33, 34, or 35 points is a bit close to the wire.

1 more win will do it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We are halfway up the form table and all the relegation teams are in the bottom five positions. Perfect.

I’ve deliberately selecting match-weeks 25 to 32, being the period where we’ve improved. There are an awful number of losses for the bottom five.

7DC21637-7D07-4569-B17D-A2952ED74935.png

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Funny you say that, we played the whole of the 1986 world cup finals in Subbuteo, I think we had 4 teams each . . .my prime team were Northern Ireland, hand painted myself, with the shadow stripes on the shirt and everything . . . . I won the world cup, went 15 games undefeated, then it all went to pot.

Had to retire them all.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Going back to our form prior to lockdown, I actually think it was only worrying from a points gained point of view - we were actually quite difficult to beat and didn't concede many goals.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Going back to our form prior to lockdown, I actually think it was only worrying from a points gained point of view - we were actually quite difficult to beat and didn't concede many goals.

Well yes, all of that. But we were the only team in the 4 professional leagues not to have won a game in 2020.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Credit where it's due, think it's more to do with what we have achieved rather than what others in the bottom six have not.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Credit where it's due, think it's more to do with what we have achieved rather than what others in the bottom six have not.

Agreed. But who would have thought 3 Watford players would put themselves out of the game against Southampton by having a party.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I think we’ve done very well, and it IS amazing how poorly everyone else has done. But it’s only approx a third of the way through re-start. And we’ve won ONE game. Just one victory by any of the others can make a significant difference. Things could change quite a bit over the next ten days or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports