Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's all about Derby!

Virmin

Jan 31, 2016
What ever results the next two games produce, without doubt this has been a great season so far and which with the football God's permission is going to get better 😎

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
We now have to get a result v Derby, Realistically though, to beat Derby and go top, & throw down the gauntlet to Burnley & Middlesbrough and close the goal difference will be massive. I don't want to have to go to the last game needing only to win. I think it would heap pressure on Burnley if we were ahead of them aswell. So a win is a must for me on Monday, it would really put us in the driving seat. Burnley are not assured a result against QPR and with a win on Monday and we are in pole position. Let's go for it!!!

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
We now have to get a result v Derby, Realistically though, to beat Derby and go top, & throw down the gauntlet to Burnley & Middlesbrough and close the goal difference will be massive. I don't want to have to go to the last game needing only to win. I think it would heap pressure on Burnley if we were ahead of them aswell. So a win is a must for me on Monday, it would really put us in the driving seat. Burnley are not assured a result against QPR and with a win on Monday and we are in pole position. Let's go for it!!!

Any kind of win v Derby means that goal difference is irrelevant as far as Boro are concerned after their draw.

Jimmy Grimble

This thread should be at the top of the page until Monday. Too many people getting ahead of themselves thinking we're already off to Boro only needing a point.

Virmin

Jan 31, 2016
Goal difference means everything, it can be the difference between promotion and playoffs; by the same token goal difference can promoted a team as Champions.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A win for Hull today and a point for Cardiff please, that will consolidate Derby's 5th place and zip to place for

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Any kind of win v Derby means that goal difference is irrelevant as far as Boro are concerned after their draw.

But with Burnley to play after, we could find ourselves top with a better goal difference than Burnley and being level or 3 points ahead. With their recorded of dropping points in 3 of their last 6 games, we need to go all out to beat Derby on Monday.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
We could go for the 'High risk Strategy'.

Put out a reserve side against Derby and go for broke and a win against Middlesboro.

Advantages; The players fresh for the final game. No injuries to contend with from the Derby game. No potential red cards. Should we only make the play-offs, Derby won't have played against our best eleven.

Disadvantages;...Only a manager who was mad would do this.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We began this fabulous season with a win against an East Midlands side that allowed us to sing 'We're Brighton & Hove Albion: - We're top of the league.' 'Boro's draw means that we have the chance to do the same thing at our last home game.

It might only be for a couple of hours until Burnley beat QPR and it might not end up being our last home game if we can't get something from 'Boro, but none of us thought we'd stay there when we first sang it back in August. It still felt bloody good to sing it.

If all goes well, Monday could be the last time we all see each other at the Amex this season. Going out with a win would be fantastic, even if it ultimately proves irrelevant to our promotion chances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here