Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's a TINPOT Premier League NEXT Season

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Erm Boro were fielding top level Brazilian and a Italian internationals not that long ago and reached a European final a few years back

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
burnley
Hull
Middlesbrough
Stoke
Palace
Watford
Bournemouth
Sunderland
WBA
Swansea
And sky banging on about 126 live games next year, more than ever, you can keep it

The championship is where it's at :)

Agree.

If it were not for the cricket, my Sky Sports subscription would be cancelled by now. I have absolutely zero interest in watching any of those teams play whatsoever.

Think I'm going to have to look for alternatives like now tv where I can buy day passes just to watch the cricket when its on.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Bookies must be creaming themselves with SO many realistic relegation contenders

Capture.JPG

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
SKY want

Man U
Arsenal
Man C
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
Everton
West Ham
& now Leicester

They don't want any of the make weights and would love to cut them adrift too

Wouldn't that be a shame.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sadly all this thread does is highlight just how easy it would be to maintain a place on the gravy train.
A train so overstocked with gravy, even Allardyce wouldn't be able to mop it all up.

Next season palace will be able to lose every game after Christmas and still stay up with 31 points.
To paraphrase the old joke:-

'we don't need 40 points, just one more than you...'.

And if anyone thinks that total will be even close to 38, you need to stop slurping at the Skysports bar, now.
Quite how an average of less than 1 point a game can be deemed a successful season, is anyone's guess.

Agree with every word here.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I would be amazed if a team stayed up with 30 points. I think the only team that has ever stayed up with a very low number of points since the Premier League began were West Brom under Bryan Robson and it was shown what a lucky scrape that was when they then went down the following season.

Given the number of unfashionable clubs that will be in the Premier League next season operating on a relatively small budget, there's more chance that all of those teams in that cluster are capable of beating each other, so what you end up getting is quite a competitive scrap for who stays up with the bottom 5 or 6 all scoring around the mid to high 30 mark.

These clubs are where they are because they have by and large been run well in recent years and so have been able to survive in the Premier League, whereas the Championship is awash with "fallen giants" who in some cases have been out of the top flight for well over a decade because those clubs have been run quite appallingly from the top down over that period.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
SKY want

Man U
Arsenal
Man C
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
Everton
West Ham
& now Leicester

They don't want any of the make weights and would love to cut them adrift too

I would say that Sky are currently petting Leicester like the proverbial special kid at school. All it is, is lip service. They're too busy fapping over City and Utd taking on the two most most overrated clubs in the country. You know Leicester are not going to be anywhere near next season. Although you don't "fluke" a 38 game season, I would be very surprised if a league win like that will happen again in my lifetime.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tell me this was inspired by David Walsh's comments about Lance Armstrong...please! :)

Sorry no can do.

It was just me drawing a straight line from gravy to Sam Allardyce.
I'm not the first, I certainly won't be the last.

Which comment from DW are you thinking of?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Can someone explain why the tv contract for the above is worth silly money. Whilst all we get is £200,000 per game?

From what i've been able to find out it must be the foreign audiences. Domestic viewing figures for Premier games are about 1 million a game and Championship about 250K.

But the figures are realy upped by the top 6 clubs,. Goes down to about 850K for the likes of West Ham and 650K for Sunderland and only 400K for say Watford v Swansea. Leeds and Brighton are over £300K.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sky top Championship teams:
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...nds-top-team-followed-by-man-utd-and-arsenal?

8. Villa
9. Newcastle

12. Leeds
13 Forest
14. Ipswich
18. Norwich

20. Derby
-------------------------
22. QPR
24. Blackburn
25. Birmingham
26. Wolves
28. Sheff Wed
33. Fulham
37. Bristol C
41. Brighton
42. Barnsley
43. Cardiff
44. Reading
---------------------------
45. Huddersfield
46. Preston NE
55. Rotherham
59. Wigan
60. Brentford
NC.Burton

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sorry no can do.

It was just me drawing a straight line from gravy to Sam Allardyce.
I'm not the first, I certainly won't be the last.

Which comment from DW are you thinking of?

In that documentary a few years back he described the 'Armstrong train' as dripping with gravy to be mopped up (or similar). Appreciate its a common cliche, but added to your cycling predilection I put 2 and 2 together....and came up with..err...17!

:moo:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
......and it's only £744 a year (plus £120 if you want it in HD) to watch Southampton v Burnley, Stoke v Bournemouth, or Palace v anyone on Sky next season.

Let's hope the print media don't print that......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here