Middlesbrough
Stoke
Palace
Watford
Bournemouth
Sunderland
WBA
Swansea
And sky banging on about 126 live games next year, more than ever, you can keep it

The championship is where it's at :)

We are all dissapointed Brighton didn't go up however take away 5/6 teams,Man U,Chelsea etc and there's not much in the Prem to be excited about.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
They wont be on super Sundays, could see then having to play on the new Friday night slot. Also don't overlook that games between these sides will be promoted as relegation deciders even if its September.

burnley
Hull
Middlesbrough
Stoke
Palace
Watford
Bournemouth
Sunderland
WBA
Swansea
And sky banging on about 126 live games next year, more than ever, you can keep it

The championship is where it's at :)

For me add in Everton. Any combination of fixtures involving any one or more of those clubs and who honestly cares beyond supporters of the clubs involved?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Bournemouth
Hull
Burnley
Middlesbrough
Palace

Not many SUPER Sundays with that lot being a QUARTER of the teams there

I would put us on an equal footing size wise,aspirations and clout with the clubs you mention if we entered the top flight
i dont consider us tin pot at all.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I would put us on an equal footing size wise,aspirations and clout with the clubs you mention if we entered the top flight
i dont consider us tin pot at all.

Who said anything about tinpot? It's about the PL line-up being underwhelming, and yes we'd be equally underwhelming to the neutral if we went up.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Although we would have taken going up this season however if we could strengthen our squad and improve our development squad this coming season we might be better placed next season to go up and stay up. Just one year late of TB plan. We also need to sort out our atmosphere in the ground. I am looking forward to the fixtures coming out.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It sounds like some of you are relieved you didn't gain promotion .
Strange.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It sounds like some of you are relieved you didn't gain promotion .
Strange.
To be honest, it would have been good to go up, mostly for the achievement. But the premiere league is not what it is hyped up to be. Take away the vast and quite frankly wrong amount of TV money and there is little allure. I am disappointed for my kids and especially our players who deserved more, however at the risk of invoking ire from Alan Mullery, I am not bothered.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
To be honest, it would have been good to go up, mostly for the achievement. But the premiere league is not what it is hyped up to be. Take away the vast and quite frankly wrong amount of TV money and there is little allure. I am disappointed for my kids and especially our players who deserved more, however at the risk of invoking ire from Alan Mullery, I am not bothered.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

True
With the filthy lucre involved, one season up can generate over £200 mill for a club.
That's why more clubs will go hell for leather to get up next season,and not worry about FFP.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I know ONE Brighton fan who would like a bit of it , even for one season .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
2 of the relegated teams have now been promoted again. That will please the hierarchy of the Premier League who dont like relegation and promotion and this will strengthen their argument,.

So, the PL 'hierarchy' see teams relegated then promoted and say 'see, there shouldn't be relegation'? I don't get your point. What if it was the opposite - that teams relegated disappeared without trace, replaced by newcomers. Would the PL 'hierarcy say ' see, 'that's what we really want'. And how would banning relegation ensure that more new teams get into the PL? I think you've had a brain fate here, mate. I suspect that if anything, the PL 'hierarchy' feel that the parachute payments are ensuring that relegation is no longer the kiss of death.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread is quite silly. People are making lists of PL sides, picking out the smaller names, and sneering at them. What do you want, FFS? The 'good old days' when 'big' sides took their 'rightful' place in the top flight, and little clubs like Brighton knew their place (division 3)?

In my view any PL side is there on merit. The standard of football is better than it ever was. Anyone hankering for the halcyon days of the past is self deluded. Watching the might of Sheffield Wednesday clog it out with the behemoths of Birmingham city on a muddy St Andrews in the old first division, while hoards of teenagers with bad haircuts stood on the terraces, smoking, does not make me think how great it all was, and how tinpot it now is.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The standard of football is better than it ever was. Anyone hankering for the halcyon days of the past is self deluded. Watching the might of Sheffield Wednesday clog it out with the behemoths of Birmingham city on a muddy St Andrews in the old first division, while hoards of teenagers with bad haircuts stood on the terraces, smoking, does not make me think how great it all was, and how tinpot it now is.

PPF will be along in a minute to tell you how wrong you are :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here