Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's a sparse crowd here tonight . I'd say 16000 or less through the turnstile .

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
16,500 according to one of the stewards. Which means 6,500 chose to stay at home. So much for improving the match day experience.

How many season ticket holders have we got? 21,500? If so allowing for the Wigan fans we sold just 1,400 tickets for this game. That is frankly embarrassing for whoever is responsible.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
16,500 according to one of the stewards. Which means 6,500 chose to stay at home. So much for improving the match day experience.

How many season ticket holders have we got? 21,500? If so allowing for the Wigan fans we sold just 1,400 tickets for this game. That is frankly embarrassing for whoever is responsible.

We've lost about 10,000 fans in the last 6 months. That is a monumental **** up that even the most optimistic cannot sugar coat

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
In the space of 6 months or so we've gone from packing 26-27K in to sub 20. Pretty depressing really. The price you pay for taking the piss out of fans.

Think we will see a huge reduction in season ticket sales next season with most picking and choosing there games.

We've had a great three years but sadly it seems the ride is coming to an end.

We were so close....

Reminds me of the Withdean experience.

Nothing much changed except that the ground was expanded but the early feel good factor of returning to Brighton wore off and it became normal for us to play there and therefore the excitement of going to watch the team play live wore off for some and they lost interest.

Others started to get picky over minute, insignificant things and find things to complain about (from players to staff to the lack of sporks) and this soured the experience for others and put them off.

This season, even before it began, a negative mindset had gripped certain supporters (panic over lack of signings, attacks on key personal at the club, manager recruitment, etc) and that negativity has carried on in to the season. - Start with a negative outlook and if things don't go as well as hoped stright away, then it appears even more gloomy and doomladen.

A lot of what you read now is 'Hyppia has to go / something drastically wrong at the club / we arn't spending enough on the team / we are being charged too much / Burke has to go / Blooms looking to sell / All our players are shit / boycott this / don't do that / food / drink / queues......etc'

Now of people who don't go that often read that, are they really going to think "I know, I really fancy watching the Albion tonight, it sounds fun and i will get a ticket now.

Those with an overly negative outlook are harming the club but think they are acting in the clubs interest, it seems they feel the club owe them success, owes them Premier League football and anything less is an abject failure - they want rewarding for all the years supporting the club at Withdean and so on and feel that if we arn't likely to achieve top flight football this season, then everything is shit because they arn't likely to get what they feel they deserve (even if it's unrealistic in the first place)

There is also the law of deminishing returns - the more you do something, the less enjoyable it becomes and the more of a chore it seems. The 'JCL's' may still be loving watching live football, but it's a lot of those who have followed and watched the club for decades that are overly negative towards the Albion (especially when we don't look like gaining promotion which is the only new thing likely to give these people a buzz about the Albion again)

poidy

Aug 3, 2009

Nothing much changed except that the ground was expanded but the early feel good factor of returning to Brighton wore off and it became normal for us to play there and therefore the excitement of going to watch the team play live wore off for some and they lost interest.

Others started to get picky over minute, insignificant things and find things to complain about (from players to staff to the lack of sporks) and this soured the experience for others and put them off.

This season, even before it began, a negative mindset had gripped certain supporters (panic over lack of signings, attacks on key personal at the club, manager recruitment, etc) and that negativity has carried on in to the season. - Start with a negative outlook and if things don't go as well as hoped stright away, then it appears even more gloomy and doomladen.

A lot of what you read now is 'Hyppia has to go / something drastically wrong at the club / we arn't spending enough on the team / we are being charged too much / Burke has to go / Blooms looking to sell / All our players are shit / boycott this / don't do that / food / drink / queues......etc'

Now of people who don't go that often read that, are they really going to think "I know, I really fancy watching the Albion tonight, it sounds fun and i will get a ticket now.

Those with an overly negative outlook are harming the club but think they are acting in the clubs interest, it seems they feel the club owe them success, owes them Premier League football and anything less is an abject failure - they want rewarding for all the years supporting the club at Withdean and so on and feel that if we arn't likely to achieve top flight football this season, then everything is shit because they arn't likely to get what they feel they deserve (even if it's unrealistic in the first place)

There is also the law of deminishing returns - the more you do something, the less enjoyable it becomes and the more of a chore it seems. The 'JCL's' may still be loving watching live football, but it's a lot of those who have followed and watched the club for decades that are overly negative towards the Albion (especially when we don't look like gaining promotion which is the only new thing likely to give these people a buzz about the Albion again)

I'm possibly one of those guilty of having unrealistic ambitions. The blame solely lies with our phenomenal turn in fortunes over the last 4 years:

League One Champions
Top ten Championship finish
Play Off Semi Final
Play Off Semi Final

I've found this season incredibly frustrating so far, however, on recent reflection I think our Premier League ship has sailed for now.

Simply put, myself and other supporters must lower there expectations and with that becoming a run of the mill championship side won't seem half as bad. Time to get back to enjoying it for what it is win, lose or draw.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I enjoyed it, we got a rare win at home, and people were singing, luckily the 6,000 that did not turn up were the non singers. No whinging, no booing.....nice.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
empty.jpg 19.15 Tuesday

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Can someone please tell me why they are allowed to call it ATTENDANCE?

It's false. It's a lie. It is not the amount of people at the game. It's the amount of tickets they've sold. So why not announce it as such? Give both figures. "We sold 20 thousand tickets for today's game. But only 14 thousand of you good fans bothered. Well done you."

A small thing, but it really does my head in.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Too many people are taking too much pleasure in the negativity on here. Just look at the thread starters. Take a bow Albion Dan, Giraffe et al.

Your always going to have people on football forums who love stirring up negativity I've seen it on every forum I've read, but I don't honestly think it has much of an impact when it comes to bums on seats at the stadium. Despite all the things that people moan about deep down what really matters is the quality of what's on the pitch both in terms of the players and the way the team plays, Unfortunately over the last 12-18 months as the quality of the players has dropped so has the quality of football and that's now being reflected in the drop of attendances as well. I honestly believe poor player recruitment and a poor choice of manager are what's to blame for our current situation and if who ever thought selling a player like Ulloa and replacing him with a player like COG was going to keep fans flocking through the turn styles was quite frankly deluded.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Do you really think people look at the ticket price, think, "Yup that's fair enough for Wigan on a Tuesday night when we're near the bottom and playing like shit, I quite fancy that. Oh hang on, some people on NSC are being critical about Barber and Burke, that's put me right off, I'll watch Arsenal on the telly instead."

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Oh hang on, some people on NSC are being critical about Barber and Burke, that's put me right off, I'll watch Arsenal on the telly instead."

talking of watching Arsenal on the telly. Thousands of their fans buy tickets for matches but don't turn up on evening matches against clubs like Wigan (or Burnley, Leicester etc) as well...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-higher-than-official-Met-Police-figures.html
(PS: Do we have to have a thread on the attendance vs tickets sold argument *every* time we have a match .)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here