Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

its a joke the club have not brought in any strikers

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Here's my question: let's say, for argument's sake, we get someone in for the remaining 10 weeks and smash our wage ceiling, pay 25k a week and a loan fee of 250k. That's half a million. Then said player (a) gets injured, or (b) isn't successful in our system and only scores 2 goals.

Would you lot clamouring for us to 'sort it out ffs' and 'break the bank' shut up and credit the club/Gus for trying? Or would you mouth off that Gus' record of strikers is poor, we spent beyond our means like Pompey, 500k down the drain, Gus out etc etc?

By the way, it's rhetorical. I know the answer to that question. Just making a point.

Deal or no deal
You have 2 boxes left one is £1M the other is 1p
You've been offered £20:000 but you need £1M to buy the house of your dreams when £20:000 is just gonna buy you a nice holiday & a car

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It would seem it may have been a bit shortsighted letting Dobbie go to them up the road. IN HINDSIGHT of course.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Here's my question: let's say, for argument's sake, we get someone in for the remaining 10 weeks and smash our wage ceiling, pay 25k a week and a loan fee of 250k. That's half a million. Then said player (a) gets injured, or (b) isn't successful in our system and only scores 2 goals.

Would you lot clamouring for us to 'sort it out ffs' and 'break the bank' shut up and credit the club/Gus for trying? Or would you mouth off that Gus' record of strikers is poor, we spent beyond our means like Pompey, 500k down the drain, Gus out etc etc?

By the way, it's rhetorical. I know the answer to that question. Just making a point.

1000% This. We all know that the posters who moan the most will be the first to "turn" when it goes wrong. We all know who they are.

Surely it's just a case of Gus going down the striker shop with Tony's credit card and saying "I want to hire a striker, must be able to score two goals per game, ees not complicated".

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
On the other hand we could fork out £100K and the loan striker not get enough goals to get us into the playoffs. They don't grow on trees.
So are you saying leave it as it is and gamble on the Developement Squad players being thrown in at the deep end to finish our season.

Sorry but that would end of season and Play Off chances.

In the grand scheme of the Albion what is £100K.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So are you saying leave it as it is and gamble on the Developement Squad players being thrown in at the deep end to finish our season.

Sorry but that would end of season and Play Off chances.

In the grand scheme of the Albion what is £100K.

It's a £100k less than we paid for a 17yr old goalkeeper, who in all probability we won't see for another two years, if ever......That put's it in perspective for me.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Gus made it very clear he would be spending most of the next few days on the phone until he got some in. So the answer is very hard and he has said so. I really don't know what more people expect. For him to personally visit them and tell them what he's doing while he could be getting on with it? In the meantime our proven midfield goalscorers need to stand up to the plate and get in there.

Agree, its time for others to come to the for, CMS played until Christmas on his own and netted 11, as well as a month out for injury. Now there is a clamour for other strikers to support the bulldozer. We have played with a lone striker most of the season and thats how the manager wants to play, so I can't see the desperation to bring someone in on loan + people on here complain about tickets costs etc, but expect money to be made available at will for loan players. Keep what you've got Gus and get the best out of them, there are lots of options and no place for passengers.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Where is this £100 figure from, who is this top class striker we can sign for less than £10k a week, with no loan fee, who's club will let us have him definetely until after the play-off final

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It won't be for lack of trying, Gus has explained the issues very clearly, let Gus and Tony do their work they must be desperate but has to be right for the club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's just get Bobby Zamora back in time to score vs Palace on Sunday.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
We will not make play offs because we can't score enough goals so without Barnes & Cms it's even more evident we'll score less goals without any replacements, Ulloa won't give us much playing the next 10 games alone up front gus has already said he looks tired & jaded
If we don't get a striker before march 28th forget it!!!!

Orlandi
Dave
Vicente
Buckley
Ulloa

Which of the above can't score?

Bridge
Calderon
Hammond
Bruno

Which of the above can't score?

We don't need a loan striker, reminds me of the story of Diamonds in your own field. Look at what we have already, its in our own squad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here