Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

its a joke the club have not brought in any strikers

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Has to be a certain type....That rules out an awful lot of strikers, we could get but won't.
Would that certain type of striker be one who can score goals or even have a rough idea which direction he goal is.

That would rule out all of Gus's previous loan signings (with the excpetion of Woods).

We need a goal scorer, just break the bank for 10 games (now nine), the increased revenue from the Play Offs would cover the shortfall. I wouldn't normally gamble with club / business money but this is a case of speculate to accumulate. Bloom should know all about that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
hoskins out...cms out...barnes out its a joke and a serious issue that the club have failed to bring in at least one striker....other clubs have done its a big worry:(

How big is big...big big or just big....have a Poyet out poll will make you feel so much better,,,,,,going Sunday?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Would that certain type of striker be one who can score goals or even have a rough idea which direction he goal is.

That would rule out all of Gus's previous loan signings (with the excpetion of Woods).

We need a goal scorer, just break the bank for 10 games (now nine), the increased revenue from the Play Offs would cover the shortfall. I wouldn't normally gamble with club / business money but this is a case of speculate to accumulate. Bloom should know all about that.

Break the bank and gamble with the clubs future....hmmmm ..and this one player will guarantee our future ..problem solved then

RedRob

come the revolution......
Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
Has to be a certain type....That rules out an awful lot of strikers, we could get but won't.

The 'certain type' has to be someone willing to play 'Gus's way'......that rules out any 'big ego' strikers for a start! :whistle:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Break the bank and gamble with the clubs future....hmmmm ..and this one player will guarantee our future ..problem solved then
I think break the bank is a figure of speech. If we can get in a striker who can score maybe 5 goals in the last nine games this could be the difference between sixth or seventh place. May not guarantee the future but would show the fans that the intention is there to push on for a Play Off spot and not just roll over and blame current events. Let's see the club try to become the master of our own destiny.

How much would a loan striker cost for two months, surely no more than £100K and we will get some of that back by fining Barnes.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Pretty ****ing hard, I am 100% sure! Why on earth wouldn't they be?

Our leaders are famously lazy and disinterested. They're the George Bushes of football club industry, not usually waking before 11 and squeezing in a round of golf after 10 minutes at the desk looking on transfer rumour websites to find out who is available and checking the Oat whether anyone scored an overhead kick today in training and should be maybe getting a place on the bench on Saturday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think break the bank is a figure of speech. If we can get in a striker who can score maybe 5 goals in the last nine games this could be the difference between sixth or seventh place. May not guarantee the future but would show the fans that the intention is there to push on for a Play Off spot and not just roll over and blame current events. Let's see the club try to become the master of our own destiny.

How much would a loan striker cost for two months, surely no more than £100K and we will get some of that back by fining Barnes.

On the other hand we could fork out £100K and the loan striker not get enough goals to get us into the playoffs. They don't grow on trees.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
£85Million I believe is the figure for getting to the prem this season,,,and all we are missing is someone to stick the ball in the net. Even if Barnes does just(lol)get the four game ban, he is still not going to take the chances, when presented to him....No loan striker = championship football next season, nailed on.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
i suppose it quite hard to find a striker that fits our criteria which isnt playing reguarly at the parent club

What criteria is that ?
Can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo or gets sent off all the time.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
We will not make play offs because we can't score enough goals so without Barnes & Cms it's even more evident we'll score less goals without any replacements, Ulloa won't give us much playing the next 10 games alone up front gus has already said he looks tired & jaded
If we don't get a striker before march 28th forget it!!!!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Here's my question: let's say, for argument's sake, we get someone in for the remaining 10 weeks and smash our wage ceiling, pay 25k a week and a loan fee of 250k. That's half a million. Then said player (a) gets injured, or (b) isn't successful in our system and only scores 2 goals.

Would you lot clamouring for us to 'sort it out ffs' and 'break the bank' shut up and credit the club/Gus for trying? Or would you mouth off that Gus' record of strikers is poor, we spent beyond our means like Pompey, 500k down the drain, Gus out etc etc?

By the way, it's rhetorical. I know the answer to that question. Just making a point.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As others have said - where do you suppose said striker is going to come from?

All the balancing of the books would have been done in January, so I can't believe there are many clubs out there with a striker they are desperate to shift from the payroll for 2 months. It would need to be someone so far down the pecking order that their club has absolutely no need for them to hang around, yet is capable of scoring at the top end of the Championship with a guaranteed goal every other game (seems to be people's consensus). Even looking at the prem squads I can't see who this could possibly be.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
£85Million I believe is the figure for getting to the prem this season,,,and all we are missing is someone to stick the ball in the net. Even if Barnes does just(lol)get the four game ban, he is still not going to take the chances, when presented to him....No loan striker = championship football next season, nailed on.

I'm worried about a slight pain in my ribs. I don't want to hassle the doctor by going and asking for an X-ray, so i thought i would ask a clairvoyant such as yourself. What would the results of the X-ray be if i went for it? I'm expecting bad news, which from yourself is a guarantee.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Bring in Simeon Jackson and play him up top with Ulloa. If we didn't get in the play off's with those 2 up front i'd be astonished :albion2:

Simeon Jackson for me as well..we could do a lot worse.

He's also a player that if he was successful here over his loan period we would have a realistic chance of getting him permanently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here