Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Italy V England Final.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry but he got it wrong from about 20mins in when the Italians started to move the ball around with growing confidence.
His plan was to hold onto the one goal and shut up shop. You can do that against some of the lesser teams but not against someone like Italy. He played straight into Mancini’s hands ….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Italians are past masters at doing that, we aren't. It showed.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
GS saying he needs time to reflect on the future.

Will he be going?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Our best player in the first half was Rice ,with Shaw a close second , Your so called best players are meant to turn up for the big games like Euro finals ours did not ,

The threat of the two players created the space for the first goal. Watch it again. Mount and Shaw double up on the left stretching their defence and Sterling's central run draws people in to make space for Shaw,

You don't just play the game with the ball at your feet.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
For a team with such great planning all tournament what a ridiculous decision to arrange substitutions so late
Got to give them 10 minutes min and left it so late that if the Italians kept the ball like they normally do they wouldn't have had an opportunity to even enter the field
Missing 3 pens in a row was criminal but wouldn't have been helped by the rush job bodged up timings of these substitutions

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The abuse Saka is getting is disgraceful. Poor kid was distraught and really shouldn't be blamed.
People saying that he should never play for England again need to give their head a wobble

Twitter already full of it.
People are disgusting.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nonsense - I’ve never seen an Olympic silver or bronze medalist ripping their medal off qwith a scowl, however disappointed they were at not winning gold.

Seb Coe said he’d chuck his silver medal in his bottom drawer after losing to Steve Ovett in the Olympics, but then he is a fully fledged ****

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
The threat of the two players created the space for the first goal. Watch it again. Mount and Shaw double up on the left stretching their defence and Sterling's central run draws people in to make space for Shaw,

You don't just play the game with the ball at your feet.

Sorry mate but both were a waste of time today ,

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
No one should get abuse at all we have done better than most people would dream of. We were beaten by a better team tonight. Rice was great but we can’t control the ball against good teams in the middle of the park. Veratti was in the end dictating the game until he was taken off. We did not have the ability in the end to play on the counter. Maybe Sancho grelish and rashford should all have had more game time tonight and maybe we should be braver and look to win it rather than not lose it. 18 months till a World Cup. They brought a nation together and credit should be given where it is due. Well done England

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
The abuse Saka is getting is disgraceful. Poor kid was distraught and really shouldn't be blamed.
People saying that he should never play for England again need to give their head a wobble

Feel really bad for the bloke! Has probably been mentioned but I can't get my head around why all the pressure was put on him to take that final penalty? (a 19 year old with 9 caps) - There were more experienced options.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Feel really bad for the bloke! Has probably been mentioned but I can't get my head around why all the pressure was put on him to take that final penalty? (a 19 year old with 9 caps) - There were more experienced options.
Where was Grealish

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry mate but both were a waste of time today ,

I'm just pointing out that without those two players most of our best efforts in the first half wouldn't have happened, including the goal. You can have 45 minutes onwards, I already said earlier in the thread Mancini nullified them at that point and they, or we, could not respond.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
3232E17E-AD0D-4D35-B2A7-82A90D02EC46.jpeg

So many flares up so many arses, all for nothing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At least we now have the football that actually matters coming up soon :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here