Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It seems to have gone unnoticed but Palace have slipped into the bottom three.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
You have no idea what or who he listens to. Nor do I. I can however see what is happening. A young bloke is doing his best for his football club. Struggles to compete with smaller supported clubs with parachute payments and in my opinion, (but he might not agree) buys players without managers full backing. But I can also see why that system has come into place. Its almost a compliance thing. Because you are from a WC background and have pride, it makes you have a habit of calling things the way they are. All this drivel from some on NSC just defies belief.

Again I don't disagree with any of that but someone with an ounce of 'pride' would not say:-

The day mate, a self made man like Tony Bloom takes advice from you is the day that I know we have no hope

or

He doesn't need or want people who have achieved far less like you or me trying to tell him what to do.

If money is the sole criteria for measuring 'achievment' then there are an awful lot of highly paid footballers who have achieved far more than either you or I ever will! Money has given TB the power to make decisions over how the club is managed and I respect him for what he has done for the club - that is not to say that he is always right and that those who support the club don't have the right to criticise those decisions - if TB is half the man I think he is then I'm sure he would also support the right of fans to criticise and offer advice.

Feb 14, 2010
Again I don't disagree with any of that but someone with an ounce of 'pride' would not say:-

or

If money is the sole criteria for measuring 'achievment' then there are an awful lot of highly paid footballers who have achieved far more than either you or I ever will! Money has given TB the power to make decisions over how the club is managed and I respect him for what he has done for the club - that is not to say that he is always right and that those who support the club don't have the right to criticise those decisions - if TB is half the man I think he is then I'm sure he would also support the right of fans to criticise and offer advice.

No mate, but TB has shown a degree of get up and go as well as very sound judgment that nether you or I have yet been able to match, so really do pipe down. If we had a guy who was not savvy and/or didnt care about the club then fine, I can see the argument. But we dont.

Last edited:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
No mate, but TB is showed a degree of get up and go as well as very sound judgment that nether you or I have yet been able to match, so really do pipe down. If we had a guy who was not savvy and/or didnt care about the club then fine, I can see the argument. But we dont.

Again you make presumptions based on what? TB has yet to show just how 'savvy' he is when it comes to running a football club - on the face of it he has made a very, very poor investment choice based on his support of the club as a fan with very little chance of any return on his investment!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Good old Se20, self denial mode kicks in every time.

Maybe another reason was you were truly woeful during that time, and you only turned it around when the cash cow turned up.
Just saying old chap :wink:

Feb 14, 2010
Again you make presumptions based on what? TB has yet to show just how 'savvy' he is when it comes to running a football club - on the face of it he has made a very, very poor investment choice based on his support of the club as a fan with very little chance of any return on his investment!

Have you ever watched Life of Brian? There is a line that goes"No pleasing some people".. after an ex leper who was begging moaned that Jesus had cured him and spoilt his livelyhood. You really should watch it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not really, but beating them 4-3 in the semi final that same season, certainly made up for it :smile:
Yeah bad day....we lost against Whitgift on the same day. Proper Palace double.

:(

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Have you ever watched life of Brian? There is a line that goes"No pleasing some people".. after a blind man moaned that Jesus had cured him and spoilt his livelyhood. You really should watch it.

One of my favourite films

Brian:- "Look, you've got it all wrong, you don't need to follow me, you don't need to follow anybody, you've got to think for yourselves, you're all individuals"

The response to that last quote of Brian reminds me of the way some are with TB. No doubt you know what it was but just in case:-

"Yes, we're all individuals"

Brian:- "you're all different"

"Yes we are all different"

Voice from someone in the crowd:- "I'm not".

"Shhhh"

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
History also says that you've finished twice above us in the last 30 years,and one of those seasons we got promoted over you !
As founder members of The Premier League, I don't think little old Brighton should write us off.
Learn your history.

I've seen our last 26? consecutive meetings since '79, guess who has won the most, including a nice 10 match unbeaten run....?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Maybe another reason was you were truly woeful during that time, and you only turned it around when the cash cow turned up.
Whereas the Palace model was be crap, run up debts, screw your creditors, carry on as if nothing happened, go back to being crap, run up debts, screw your creditors and then come on here gloating about how you've been so superior to us. Just saying.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

Maybe the reason you were in a higher division is because you bought players with money you didn't have, and when the shit hit the fan, you went into administration ( twice ), thus depriving your creditors of their rightful recompense.
Just saying old chap.:wanker:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Evening SE20

Give us a prediction for tomorrow. hows the gut feeling?

Not too confident .
IF we get in their faces, we will give them a good game, but I feel morale is slowly ebbing away, and it will need a good win to get us back on track.

SDG

May 26, 2014
We're down unless the clown in charge leaves.

And I'm not sure if I refer to Parish or Colin. Warnock can bike it right now.

Feb 14, 2010
We're down unless the clown in charge leaves.

And I'm not sure if I refer to Parish or Colin. Warnock can bike it right now.

Parish bailed you out of your latest insolvency didnt he? You sound as grateful as some on nsc toowards Tony Bloom. No pleasing some people I suppose,

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

So did you not have something similar three times, in the shape of Goldberg, Jordan and now the Fab Four, do you not consider them cash cows then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here