Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] It doesn’t really matter, does it?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Remission - it's a bit like a score-draw in footie. You haven't lost, but you've not won either - however, there are times in life when you would gladly take a point - remission from cancer is one of them.

Splendid news and I hope you can start to get your life back into shape - presumably Mrs DW is now shielding from CV19 with her immune system battered?
Stay strong and the very best of luck to you and your family for health & happiness.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Great news, so pleased for you and your family. Precious times.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Remember that feeling when the final whistle went against Wigan, and we knew we were promoted (nearly)...

Well, today I had that feeling again.

My wife has been given the all clear, her chemotherapy has killed off her cancer. For now!

She still has some residual tumour, to be removed by radiotherapy and has to undergo bi-monthly chemo sessions to hopefully stop the cancer from coming back...

We are realists, we know it will come back.

But today is a good day! A very good day...!

That’s made my daY. Brilliant.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Remember that feeling when the final whistle went against Wigan, and we knew we were promoted (nearly)...

My wife has been given the all clear, her chemotherapy has killed off her cancer. For now!

She still has some residual tumour, to be removed by radiotherapy and has to undergo bi-monthly chemo sessions to hopefully stop the cancer from coming back...

Really pleased for you all that you have finally had some encouraging outcomes. Good luck going forward!
As a side note, no doubt your news has raised the spirits all well wishers on here. It has mine.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Remission - it's a bit like a score-draw in footie. You haven't lost, but you've not won either - however, there are times in life when you would gladly take a point - remission from cancer is one of them.

Splendid news and I hope you can start to get your life back into shape - presumably Mrs DW is now shielding from CV19 with her immune system battered?
Stay strong and the very best of luck to you and your family for health & happiness.

Thanks for the good wishes, and your analogy is spot on.

We know with Low Grade Non Hodgkin Lymphoma the likelihood is it will return. All we can do is live each day to its best and deal with what comes along when it comes along.

As for the shielding question, yes we have been in full lockdown since March 22nd, only leaving our home for cancer appointments. My wife’s consultant has told her to ignore that ****-wit (my words, not hers) Boris’ advice and to continue shielding until further notice!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Delighted to read this DW, really am. Best post this week, a happy note to end it on. Will raise a glass to you and Mrs DW. It’s brilliant news.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Thanks for the good wishes, and your analogy is spot on.

We know with Low Grade Non Hodgkin Lymphoma the likelihood is it will return. All we can do is live each day to its best and deal with what comes along when it comes along.

As for the shielding question, yes we have been in full lockdown since March 22nd, only leaving our home for cancer appointments. My wife’s consultant has told her to ignore that ****-wit (my words, not hers) Boris’ advice and to continue shielding until further notice!

Wise words. My uncle had same disease when he was 70. Sadly it returned last year, as you allude........just after his 91st birthday. But even now, he’s being successfully treated at the moment, though doctors told him it’ll likely get him eventually so he may (may) not reach 100.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Good news DW. I'd love to say now get on and enjoy your life - and I do. I know its not quite as simple as that though. A much happier position though - congratulations

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Great news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

That is superb news mate, so very pleased for you both. Enjoy the weekend! Best wishes

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

I’ll be honest; when I saw this thread back near the top of page 1, I opened it fearing the worst news. But instead it’s the best news. Really thrilled for you both - what great, uplifting news!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Really happy for you both, take care of each other and live for the day
very best wishes

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I’ll be honest; when I saw this thread back near the top of page 1, I opened it fearing the worst news. But instead it’s the best news. Really thrilled for you both - what great, uplifting news!
Sorry if I gave you a fright, that hadn't occurred to me that people might have been "following" this thread and think that way.

Thank you!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Only just seen this. Brilliant news! Meeting for a beer looms ever closer. All we need now is a covaccine. :thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Brilliant news, so happy. enjoy it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Great news.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here