Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Israel bombing " things" inside Syria.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am not making a statement about the validity or otherwise of the expansionist agenda of some of the extreme elements of Israeli society, that is actually against their government policy, granted in reality they do the bare minimum to stop it, but there is a school of thought that says you don't have to be Palestinian to live in the West Bank, equally you don't have to be Jewish to live in Israel.

This is an interesting school of thought and one which i have read very little about. Do you hae any links or references about it? (specifically Palestinians being able to live in Israel). Seems to me that if this was happening freely then there wouldn't be any problems.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You mean you'll ignore me when you dont have an answer , at other times you'll attempt to counter what I say, correct ?

No, I will ignore you when you get personal.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
This is an interesting school of thought and one which i have read very little about. Do you hae any links or references about it? (specifically Palestinians being able to live in Israel). Seems to me that if this was happening freely then there wouldn't be any problems.

I expect there are links somewhere, but I do know that 25% of the 7.5 million population of Israel are non-Jewish.... I don't know the detail of their immigration policies, I suspect they are fairly restrictive...it is Israel after all.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I expect there are links somewhere, but I do know that 25% of the 7.5 million population of Israel are non-Jewish.... I don't know the detail of their immigration policies, I suspect they are fairly restrictive...it is Israel after all.

So what are these schools of thought you were talking about?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

From what i can see most of the 25% which you speak of is made up of the Palestinians living in the occupied territories.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Great soundbite, totally lacking in any real substance though.

Israel has been attacked twice by countries intent on wiping it out. Several of those countries remain on a war footing and maintain their policy of wiping it out. I am not a fan of some of Israel's behaviour but the fact remains that they are partially surrounded by countries whose stated aim is to destroy the Israeli state. Under those circumstances they are quite likely to take fairly aggressive measures, including maintaining control of strategic areas from which attacks were launched on them. I have a lot of sympathy for the Palestinians living in Gaza and the West Bank but I don't see that problem being solved while there are states in the area proclaiming the destruction of Israel.

Camicus

I believe so. If the other Middle Eastern states laid down their weapons thee would be no war. If Israel laid down it's weapons there would be no Israel.
This if Isreal gave up all its arms returned the occupied territories gave all its nieghbours £90 billion it still wouldnt be enough. there neighbours want nothing less than the desteuction of Isreal so then they can destroy each other

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Great soundbite, totally lacking in any real substance though.

Of course it has no substance, its a view, a prediction of the future taking into consideration what we currently know about the interested parties and the circumstances as they currently stand... what is your prediction then?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Israel has been attacked twice by countries intent on wiping it out. Several of those countries remain on a war footing and maintain their policy of wiping it out. I am not a fan of some of Israel's behaviour but the fact remains that they are partially surrounded by countries whose stated aim is to destroy the Israeli state. Under those circumstances they are quite likely to take fairly aggressive measures, including maintaining control of strategic areas from which attacks were launched on them. I have a lot of sympathy for the Palestinians living in Gaza and the West Bank but I don't see that problem being solved while there are states in the area proclaiming the destruction of Israel.

Israel have also stated the aim to wipe the Palestinians of the map, this IMHO should not be forgotten.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Israel have also stated the aim to wipe the Palestinians of the map, this IMHO should not be forgotten.

Sadly, I have to ask you to do a bit more research, the two state solution is accepted in Israeli policy, there are 'nutters' who claim what you say, but it isn't government policy or the will of the vast majority of the Israeli population.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This if Isreal gave up all its arms returned the occupied territories gave all its nieghbours £90 billion it still wouldnt be enough. there neighbours want nothing less than the desteuction of Isreal so then they can destroy each other

If Israel gave back the occupied territories and returned the borders to their original agreed places how would it make any difference to the countries around it? Apart from improving their view of Israel as it would stop its persecution of the Arabs for which they feel a bond and affinity?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sadly, I have to ask you to do a bit more research, the two state solution is accepted in Israeli policy, there are 'nutters' who claim what you say, but it isn't government policy or the will of the vast majority of the Israeli population.

Maybe you could help me out with my research here?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Of course it has no substance, its a view, a prediction of the future taking into consideration what we currently know about the interested parties and the circumstances as they currently stand... what is your prediction then?
If Israel withdrew to pre 1967 borders , and allowed a VIABLE Palestinian state, then peaceful co-existence could be achieved , half of these nutters who talk of wiping Israel of the map, are only given house room because of injustices against the palestinians , either perceived or real .

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Maybe you could help me out with my research here?

I gave you some pointers as a starting position... Google it.

I am signing off now, I have a long weekend in Port Isaac and Padstow .... ttfn

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If Israel withdrew to pre 1967 borders , and allowed a VIABLE Palestinian state, then peaceful co-existence could be achieved , half of these nutters who talk of wiping Israel of the map, are only given house room because of injustices against the palestinians , either perceived or real .

Far far far more likely than to happen in the current state of affairs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here